Monday, August 18, 2014

Milestones

In 1 week we hit many milestones.  I'm writing about this 3 months later so I hope I remember all the details.  It was the week of Bryce's graduation so May 12-16.  B's parents were in town for the graduation which made everything else so exciting that they could witness it all.

On Monday, R lost her first tooth.  It was very loose and B tried to pull it at home Sunday night but nothing. When I picked her up from schools, she had a baggie with a plastic tooth in it.  She showed me inside the plastic tooth, her little tooth.  She was so excited as were we!  Her first tooth.  I told her we would put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy but she said 'no'.  I thought maybe she didn't hear me so I repeated myself and she said 'no mommy.  I don't want the tooth fairy to take my tooth.  I want to collect all my teeth' and so I told her okay.  Instead of her tooth, we put a note under her pillow explaining why R's tooth wasn't there.  We support her.  The tooth fairy still left her a dollar coin under her pillow.

Tuesday was E's big day.  She started standing up in the middle of the floor by herself and then sitting back down.  Tuesday afternoon when we were all home, she walked across the floor.  Of course we were all so excited.  Just a few days before she turned 1 (the earliest of our 4).  She didn't do much more walking the rest of the night but we knew that she could do it.Video

Also Tuesday night, R prayed to accept Christ.  She has been talking about it with us and her church leaders, but she said she was ready.  B and I spent an hour in her room with her talking through it all and then we prayed with her.  We were so excited for her.  She was excited too and Wednesday when we went to Awana, she shared with everyone there too.  Of course, she has a lot to learn along the way, but the best give in the world of Salvation is in her heart now.  Eph 2:10
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Friday was a dual milestone for B and E.  E turned 1 yay!!!  and B graduated from SETBS with his Doctorate degree.  He's worked so hard and we are all so very proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment