Monday, October 26, 2015

First Day of School 2015

Another first day of school for our family and this time we had 2 children to get off to school.  Rin and Abe are going to Williams Elementary School in Richmond, TX.  They are Williams' Wranglers and everything I've read about the school is very positive and  encouraging.  The first day of school was August 24th and R & A were very excited. 

Abe's teacher is Mrs. Barnett and she runs the M & M classroom.  Mrs. B is the Kindergarten team leader and seems to be very with-it.  I got a good feeling from her after meet the teacher and knew that she would be good for Abe to have to keep him on task and motivated. 

Rin has two teachers in 2nd grade: Mrs. Lucky and Mrs. Martell.  Her homeroom teacher is Lucky so that's why R identifies as her main teacher.  Lucky teaches reading, writing, and language and Martell teaches math, science, and social studies.  I think it's great that teachers are team teaching and R seems like enjoy switching classes.  When B and I met with Mrs. Medlow, the principal, she explained why she team teaches in all of the grades except Kinder and in 4th grade, the students have a team of 3 teachers.  Being in education, it does my heart good when I hear administration analyzing data and placing their teachers in strength areas. 

So our kids were late their first day of school.  I felt so bad, but I couldn't do anything about it.  The traffic was horrible.  We left our house at 7:07 am and dropped them off at 8:00.  They both were the last students to arrive in their classes, but oh well.  R & A are carpool in the mornings and they ride the bus home.  They could ride the bus in the morning, but the bus comes at 6:30 am and that's just too early seeing as school starts at 7:35.  I do like them riding the bus home and they enjoy it too.  This way W & E can still get their naps in the afternoon and usually are still asleep when R & A get home, so I get some time with them.  I loved hearing about their first day of school and they were very excited and wanted to tell me every detail.  I'm soaking it all in, because I know this wont last forever. 
dropping the kids off at school






The house was so quiet on the first day of school.  I don't like to admit that I was a bit bored, with just 2 kids, but we have found our groove.  I love my time with W and E, but I miss R & A a lot.  It's hard for me to imagine life with all four kids in school, but it's coming sooner than I would like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment