Saturday, August 13, 2016

VBS 2016 Submerged

Last year I volunteered at VBS and my kids had a great time.  This year I was asked to be one of the preschool directors and I LOVED it.  If they want me to help out again, I would say yes in a heartbeat.  I had such a great time and I felt like it was an opportunity to get more plugged in at SCBC.
BLA station 1

BLA station 2

BLA station 3

 Melinda Phillips asked me plan the Bible Learning Activities & the entry activities for the preschool classes.  She also asked me if I had time, if I could plan some toddler crafts for the younger kids since they don't have a specific craft time.  I was sort of going into this blindly because I hadn't done anything like this before but I enjoyed it because I'm a teacher and I know how to plan a lesson.  Before VBS, the leadership team had a few meetings and we, as a preschool team, had to meet a few times on our own.  I worked closely with Erin and Amanda and it was fun getting to know them better.  The Wednesdays leading up to VBS, SCBC hosted workdays where volunteers could come in and help prep the snacks, crafts, and BLA for the week.  Those days were essential to VBS running smoothly and they were fun as well.  I got to know some new mom's that were members of SCBC and some that were not but it was a great way to minister to some other ladies.  The volunteers we had for VBS were wonderful and they did a great job.  Since I was a director, I had to be there early and stay late, but again, it was well worth it and I would do it again.  




No comments:

Post a Comment