Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Thanksgiving 2016

In a few more months, I'll be a year behind.  I always think that I'm going to sit at my computer and blog more than I ever actually do.  I'm going to have to make it a goal of mine next year because I'm the type when something is in writing, I'm more likely to complete it.  I LOVE checking things off a to-do list :)
meeting our new cousin, Eli

We will call him E-man

I love my little E-man


So let me think back 7-8 months to Thanksgiving.  We drove to Mississippi on Tuesday afternoon/evening after Bryce got off of work.  I don't remember where we slept because we got in at like 1 in the morning and B/G/E were there in the guest room.  Maybe B and I slept on the floor in the office.  I really can't remember, but it was so nice because on Wednesday morning, B/G/E were already there and that was my first time to meet my new nephew.  Ashley D was already there too and she was asleep in the recliner so I'm pretty sure we slept in the office.  It doesn't really matter.
Wednesday we had a very chill morning and at some point we went to to a park and played for a while before eating lunch at home. 
I love this girl!

She's more like a little sister or cousin
Lloyd and Ryan came down for the day too and it was the first time in a LONG time that I've been at my mom's house in Hattiesburg with both my brothers.  It was a lot of fun and I hope we can plan to do it more frequently since now we all have kids.  Eli was only a few weeks old and so small, but adorable.  I was a baby hog and held him a lot.  I realize, although I don't like it, that I will only see my nephew a couple of times a year (3 at the most) so he will grow up without his Auntie Katie (and Hantla cousins).   The whole crew went bowling and it was a blast.  Between Bub, Lloyd, and B, maybe 1 of them stood a chance at beating my mom, but I think she won both games.  E-man was passed around while people took turns bowling and it was just great. Lloyd and his kids left from the bowling alley and headed back to Jackson.  The rest of us went back to Gram's house for dinner.  I think she cooked spaghetti, but I could be mistaken, but again, that's not really important.  We ate dinner and played at the house for a while until it was time for B/G/E to head back to AL.  Some tears were shed, but Bubba and I always cry when we say good-bye to each other.  I'm proud of the dad and *boyfriend he's turned out to be these past few months.

Bubba with 187 and my mom (M) with 188


Brothers!

Bryce won this game 151 to 148

The Ladies (and E-man)

Thanksgiving morning was spent cooking and prepping food and watching the Macy's Day Parade. My mom invited a few of her friends to join us for the meal and AC came over also.  We had a great spread of the traditional Thanksgiving Meal, although one year, I want to eat at Golden Corral for Thanksgiving so then I don't have to cook or clean.  My mom used paper plates at least, so that helped with some of the clean-up.  After lunch we went to see Moana at the movies and it was great. We will own that movie eventually.  Before going home, we stopped to visit with Jeannie to say Happy Thanksgiving.  She's a very good friend to my mom and AC, but also to our family and my kids.  They call her "Aunt Jeannie".  It was good to visit with her and meet some of her family in town from Beaumont. 
Some busy days with family
Friday we packed up our things and headed down to the coast to visit my dad and Ella.  Details are totally gone, but I know we drove over and visited with Grandmalupe for a little while.  I think we walked to the playground that's near the beach and the kids played for a while before eating dinner at Daddyz in the Pass.  What I can't remember is what we did Saturday, if we drove to the coast on Friday.  It's possible that we picked up Grandmalupe and took her to eat at a Chinese Buffet she loves so much, that's in Pascagoula (about an hour away).  Or that could have been another trip to the coast.  Either way, I just don't remember.  Maybe this will be the motivation I need to start blogging quicker after an experience. 
Family meal at Daddyz
I know we drove home Sunday and we left pretty early because we knew there would be a ton of traffic.  We obviously made it safely but beyond that, I can't fill in any details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment