Friday, February 3, 2023

Oklahoma Thanksgiving 2017


Our Thanksgiving this year would be spent in OK because it might be the last holiday in Edmond for P/V.  They recently retired and sold their business.  Their goal is to move to Texas to be closer to their kids and grand kids. 

B had to work Wednesday so we left Wednesday afternoon (11/22) and drove to OK.  We arrived around 11 pm and our kids were so tired.  We put them straight to bed and then stayed up and talked a bit.  Christopher was there to surprise everyone and it really was a nice surprise. 
Thursday morning came quickly and preparations began for an early afternoon meal.  The Vikings had a game and I knew it was important to watch that game along with other football games of the day.  I had already made a few things and froze them in TX but they thawed during our drive.  My crockpot corn was going to be easy to throw together.  It's hard for me to remember all the details because I'm trying to write this 6 months later!  We had a traditional Thanksgiving meal and the kids played outside a lot.  The older cousins took the younger ones to the park down the street and I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time.  Aunt Mo took some time to take pictures of kids and couples in the backyard and that was nice.  We ended our evening watching football and eating dessert (mostly pie). 


Friday morning started early with the guys renting a U-Haul and throwing a lot of trash away from P/V's house.  I think it totaled to 2 tons to the dump.  It was a lot of work.  Anna, Mandy and I just hung with the kids and after feeding them lunch, we took them to see the movie Wonder.  It was a sweet/sad movie and for Christmas, I wanted to get the book so I could read it aloud to the kids.  Instead of leftovers (again), we ate dinner at Ted's.  I think we had 2 tables full at Ted's: one kid table with 10 kids and one adult table with 9 adults. 

Our last day together was Saturday and it was spent just being chill at the house.  I woke up early and walked around the neighborhood, trying to burn off some of the food I had consumed over the last 2 days.   There were some important college football games on Saturday, the biggest of which was OU's game against West Virginia.  LSU was playing also, but my game would be on the back burner because I was in Sooner country.  I enjoyed cooking football food and snacks for the game, though, and cheering when I could.  Marcus put the LSU game on after the OU game was over so I got to watch a little of my Tigers.  We ended the night with a fire outside on the back porch and s'mores with the grandkids.  Making s'mores and sitting around a fire is always a nice way to end a family weekend. 

Of course we drove home Sunday with all the other millions of people.  I don't remember how long it took us, but it took a lot longer than any other day of the year.  At least we were together.  Our time in Edmond was fun and it could very well be the last time we make a trip up there since Gran and Papaw will hopefully be moving down soon. 









No comments:

Post a Comment