Saturday, September 22, 2012

Spaghetti Dinner

Since I'm coaching again this year, I asked B if we could host a spaghetti dinner for my soccer girls before their first game.  We wanted to do something special to promote commradary.  Our first game was Thursday, so Wednesday we had the team over for spaghetti. 

I have 20 girls on the team, but 2 were unable to come.  My manager came, which made 19 girls in our house.  I warned them before hand that our house was small and that they might end up sitting on each other's laps.  I also told them I didn't want to see cell phones out the entire afternoon since this was supposed to be a time to get to know each other better. 

B started cooking the spaghetti and I cut the bread.  The salad was just thrown into a bowl and the sauce was in the crockpot.  I used my mom's recipe for sauce and it makes the whole house smell so good.  We had water and lemonade to drink.  Well these girls ate, and ate, and ate some more.  B cooked 3 lbs of spaghetti and the girls ate every single ounce.  They ate all the bread, all the sauce, drank all the lemonade and ate all the cookies.  The only thing that was left was a tiny bit of salad.  B and I didn't even get to eat!  The girls kept coming back for more.  I'm glad they enjoyed it, but I would have liked some myself. 

I also wish I would have taken pictures.  All their backpacks and soccer bags were in the back of the van, and all their shoes were on the front porch.  R & A had a blast with a bunch of kids to play with them.  After eating, most everyone went outside for a big game of tag and hide-n-seek.  All the girls were gone by 6:30 and then we headed to the WFRMS football game vs Heritage, by way of MacDonalds so B and I could eat.  The game was fun and the Cougars won.  Some soccer girls were there too and R wanted to go off with them.  We did not let her because they were more interested in socializeing than playing with a 4 year old.  R & A sat with us as we cheered our team on.  We got home a little after 8 that night which meant no baths, but such a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment