Monday, October 20, 2014

Abe turns 5!

Another year has gone by and my buddy A is now 5 years old.  There's so much to say about him it's hard to know where to start.  I'll start by his outward physical appearance then approach his inner self.
R gave him the shoes, we gave him the hoodie


A is getting taller and he's pretty heavy.  When he went to the doctor for his 5 year wellness visit, he was in the 50% for weight and 85% for height.  He's lean says Dr. Turner.  She was very complimentary of A when she was checking him out last week.  He passed his hearing screening and was 20/30 in both eyes for his vision screening.  Dr. Turner said when/if the eyes get to 20/40, then a more thorough eye exam is necessary.  B and I know that we need to always be looking out for our kids eyes since my eyes are bad.  It's not if, but when.  A's hair is still thick and dark as well as his skin (dark, not thick).  His eyes seems to be darkening and are more of a dark hazel now instead of green.  He's got the smallest teeth I've ever seen on a 5 year old and the cutest smile too!  He's right handed and getting really good at catching the football.  B's been working with him using his hands and he's got a great touch. 




A's still a very sensitive boy.  Since R's in school, he's my helper and my #1 go to guy.  He feeds Cooper every morning and evening, he opens Cherry's door for me and the doors of all the buildings we enter; he even pushes E's stroller for me when I need to handle something else.  A keeps watch of the house and W/E for me when I go pick up R after school.  He's turned into a very responsible boy.  When I call his name, he responds with "yes Ma'am" always!  His academics are advancing nicely and he's mastering addition and subtraction of numbers 1-10.  A is an auditory learner and he picks up his Bible verses quickly when we listen to his Cubbies CD.  I'm amazed at the number of verses he knows and remembers from last year.  He pretty much knows all of R's assigned verses too.  Since I'm not an auditory learner, I think it's interesting to watch A learn through listening.  I have to remind myself of that sometimes since it's different than my learning style.  Right now A is obsessed with Ninja Turtles and video games.  When he gets to choose a show, he asks to watch you tube videos of people playing ninja turtle video games.  It's the strangest thing!  It's like he thinks he's playing, but he knows he's not....very strange and a little cute. 
Icees with the Marshlands (sleepover night)

A's spot of choice for most of Saturday





Speaking of video games, A wanted a  Wii party.  We decided to have his Wii party Saturday at the Marshlands so Tuesday (his actual birthday) we had a family dinner of his choice.  A picked out hot dogs and popcorn with an evening of Nintendo playing. Done!  For his party, A spent the night with the Marshlands Friday night and played Wii with Micah pretty much all day on Saturday.  Micah even let A be the first player and choose the games.  A was in video game heaven!  We had a TMNT birthday cake and sang HBTY after a pizza dinner.  Uncle Topher, Aunt Jaime, Layla and Asher were with us for the celebration too.  A really had a birthday week and I was more than happy to celebrate this little guy.  His heart is big and there's a lot of love to give. 


No comments:

Post a Comment