Thursday, February 4, 2016

10 Year Anniversary

10 years is a big wedding anniversary.  The traditional 10th anniversary gift is tin/aluminum and the modern gift is diamond jewelry.  We decided to celebrate our 10th with vacationing with our BFF's on a Carribean Cruise in June so for now, we just stayed low key with a free movie and people watching at the mall. 

Our anniversary was on a Thursday so we treated ourselves to Starbucks before school/work.  B had to work like normal and I had a day at home like usual. Aunt Mo took us to Canes for lunch and that was a special time spending it with her and remembering our wedding from her perspective.
December 10, 2005


Anniversary Lunch at Canes December 10, 2015
Mom and Chuck were coming into town for a Sea World trip so I cooked a pork roast and veggies for dinner.  We planned to do something together on Friday since we would have baby-sitters and B has off.  We went to an afternoon movie to see Specter courtesy of CBS with the AMC gift cards they gave B for Christmas 2014.  We even had some concessions credit so we got a popcorn and coke to share.  The movie was really good even for me who knows nothing about the James Bond storyline.  We weren't hungry after eating all the popcorn so we went to the mall to people watch.  I love to people watch and I don't get to do it very often because I have to watch my own little people all the time.  We joked and laughed a lot and also got nervous about when our girls are teenagers and how they plan to dress when they leave the house.  oh my word! 
People watching at First Colony Mall
Oh how I love my husband more today than in 2005 when we got married.  We often talk about how the last 10 years have flown by and we've had the best time being together.  We haven't dealt with a lot of tragedy or conflict in our marriage, but when the time comes, I believe we have the skills and knowledge to deal with them together.  We've been a part of many marriage studies and learned a lot about Love and Respect.  We know each other very well and I worry sometimes about B getting bored.  I pray daily for him and our marriage.  We've studied Ephesians chapter 5 a bunch and we will continue to do so to strengthen our marriage.  I'm thankful for my husband and the leader he is for our family.  I'm forever grateful and praise the Lord that He brought us together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment