Monday, February 8, 2016

Winter Woodsland Dance

I've been to a lot of dances over the years at WFMS but I went to my first elementary school dance on January 29th.  Williams Elementary School hosted a Winter Woodlands Dance for the students and their families.  It was great.  We used it as our family date night and we all got dressed up for the event.  A great time was had by all.

We ate dinner together at home before getting ready.  The boys wanted to wear their matching "red lobster" clothes and we found out that A's clothes are a bit too short.  His shirt was too short on his arms so we rolled his sleeves up.  W's clothes still fit him pretty well.  R wore her Christmas dress and E decided she wanted to wear her tutu.  I'm not sure where or how that idea came to her, but we agreed and she requested her hair be put in a ballerina bun.  I wore my new LSU dress and B work a nice button up shirt and sports coat.  We all looked pretty nice if I do say so myself.


The dance was pretty crowded but after getting inside, we danced a few songs as a family before A wanted to go off with his friends.  R danced with some friends, but always stayed pretty close to us and W/E stayed with us the entire time.  Once A found his friends, we didn't see much of him unless he was thirsty.  We all went to get some lemonade and cookies together and then decided to take a family photo with the photographer there.  The pictures will be developed and sent home with students later this month.  


The PTO that planned the dance did a great job and there was a hula hoop contest for students and parents.  I came in second next to the principal.  E was the cutest thing out there, dancing the cha cha slide.  I saw some high school volunteers watching her dance and taking pictures of her.  She pretty much stole the show.

When the dance was over, I took the kids home and B stayed to help break things down and clean-up.  He doesn't have a chance to volunteer very often so this was his chance to help out with the PTO and the school.   It was a great evening and just another reminder how God's plans surpass our own, because a year ago, we were considering renting the house in Alief again, but God knew better.  I'm so glad He knows what's best for me and I'm not left up to making all the decisions for my family without his guidance and grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment