Friday, December 23, 2011

Never say never...

I said I would never be a blogger....never say never.  After reading lots of my mommy friends' blogs and seeing all the fun stories of their family, I've decided to try this thing.  I would love to record the awesome (and not so awesome) things that happen in our lives so we have a record of it.  I know that we won't remember every little detail, so this will be nice later down the road.  

It's Friday afternoon and my kids are napping.  I should be doing laundry or cleaning, but I felt like starting my blog.  I'm not sure where it will lead, but I know that I want the focus to be updates on our busy lives and how God is moving in and around us.  
I guess I need a starting point so here we go:

Bryce is at work.  He currently works for AJE and is a full time E.d.D student at SEBTS.  Things could be changing shortly for him since the College at Southeastern, just asked him if he could teach 3 classes this spring.  Not sure what God has in store for him.

I (Katie) am home for the Christmas break.  I teach at WFRMS teaching 7th grade math and pre-algebra.  I love teaching and love the age kids I teach.  I'm an involved faculty member and will start coaching again in the fall.  God's been leading me to reach out at my school, but more about that later.

Rin is 3.  She's very smart and very verbal (takes after her daddy).  From the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to bed, she's talking.  We love that she talks and we love it more that she actually thinks about what she's talking about.  Her favorite things to do are arts&crafts, puzzles, and read.  She also loves to pray and God is revealing himself to her in all sorts of ways.

Abe is 2.  He's all boy :)  His favorite things are football, wrestling, and he also likes puzzles.  We believe the 'terrible twos' come from kids not being able to communicate what they want and how they feel, so they throw a tantrum.  It's so much fun, because Abe is talking more and more every week and less fits are thrown.  When he can tell us what it is he would like, there's less frustration.  Abe loves Rin and he loves sharing his toys with his younger brother.  God is at work in Abe's heart and we witness that in the way Abe plays with Wes.

Wes is 7 months.  Wes's personality hasn't totally developed yet, but he's a serious baby so far.  When he smiles, he can light up a room, but he doesn't just smile for anybody.  He's going to be a tough boy, just because Abe is his older brother.  Wes's favorite things are to jump in his bouncer and laugh at Rin and Abe making silly faces.

So that's a quick recap of where our family is at the moment.  Now that I have a starting place, I can move forward.  Not sure who will read this, if anyone, but that is not the purpose.  I just want to record somewhere, our family memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment