Tuesday, December 27, 2011

We have more than enough

Christmas was a different experience for us this year because we weren't trying to catch a 6am flight out Christmas morning.  We actually had the chance to eat breakfast, read scripture, and open presents at our house, followed by a church service at 11:00 am.  While we missed our family, it was nice to relax and be in our own home.

Bryce and I often joke about living in such a small house, although it's perfect size for us, but after watching our kids open gifts, I realized, we have more than enough.  My children certainly don't have every toy out there, but they have a lot.  We decided that we will make R & A go through their toys and pick out a 1:1 ratio of toys to donate.  For every new toy they received, they will pick an old toy to donate.  We don't have enough room for everything, and plus, they need to learn the value of giving.  I hope this is a tradition that we can continue in our household. We had a wonderful day spent with B's sister-in-law's family in Wilson.  Christmas dinner was yummy and the cousins played.  Lo and R played blocks while E & A, played with their cars.  W even has a play partner in Addie Rae.  After the kids were asleep, the adults played  Hand and Foot.  My partner was Marcus and B played with Mandy.  After 4 rounds, we almost made a come back but lost by just under 1,000 points.  Usually a long day ends in a good night's sleep, but not for us:(  We (all 5 of us) slept in the same room and I did not sleep well.  W snores so that kept me up, and every time R & A moved, I could hear their sleeping bags make noise.  At one point, I heard A say "Rin, where are you?" and R responded, "I'm right here, A, go back to sleep".  Very cute...but it woke me up.  Monday morning after breakfast, we took a nature walk in the woods.  It was fun, but very muddy.  All in all, a great time in Wilson with some family.

As this year comes to an end and 2012 will begin soon, reflection is a natural process.  As I reflect on the past year with all the changes, I keep coming back to the conclusion that we have more than enough from our Lord.  As the book Radical states, God blesses us so we can give Him the glory.  I don't do that nearly enough!  We have 3 healthy kids, 1 very sweet dog, 2 paying jobs, friends and family that love us, a roof over our head, food to eat, 2 cars that work, a fun marriage, and most importantly, a Saviors.  God our Father, sent his Son, to die and take all our punishment.  Wow.  I do not share this message as I should.  Consider this a goal for 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment