Friday, February 3, 2012

Parenting Isn't for One

God created men and women to be married and have children.  He made it that way on purpose because parenting isn't made for just one person.  The nights when Bryce is gone are long and tiring.  I'm definitely grateful for the help he gives me when he's home.

Every other Thursday, B has to drive to Hendersonville to Fruitland Bible College to teach a Brit Lit class.  FBC is about 4 hours away.  His class is from 5-9 so he stays the night and then drives home Friday morning.  Basically Thursday mornings we take 2 cars and he brings the kids to MP like usual, then we don't see him again until Friday afternoon.  I pick the kids up Thursday after school and then bring them to MP Friday morning.  Last night was our 2nd time to do this FBC trip and it was easier.  The first Thursday was when Nicole had her baby so we drove to the hospital.  Last night we went to Keith & Jen's house.  They said they would 'adopt' me any Thursday when B was out of town.  R& A love to play with L and soon, W & B will be playing together too.  Jen made breakfast casserole with muffins and fruit.  It was so good!  The kids all played and had  a good time.  I think we were home and the kids in bed by about 8:40 pm.  But it's the little things that B does that I take for granted.  Like taking the trash out.  Fridays are the trash days and if it were up to me, we'd never have cans out front.  I just never think about it because I've never had to do it.  Cooper is also another item that B always takes care of.  Cooper really won't poop for me:(  I could go on and on for all the things that B helps me with or just takes care of that I don't realize.  Parenting isn't made for one. 

I'm looking forward to some family time this weekend.  I want to go to Old navy tomorrow and use the gift card that I got for Christmas from B's parents.  I also have $10 Old Navy cash that I can spend on $20 or more.  It's also a Sam's shopping trip weekend for formula, groceries, and daycare food.  I'm not sure what B's work load looks like for tomorrow, but hopefully he'll be able to join us.  If not, then I'm prepared for a normal Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment