Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ahhh Saturday!

Good morning!  It's 6:20 am and I've been awake for about an hour.  During the week my alarm first goes off at 5:12 and then I snooze until 5:30.  Over the weekend, my body still wakes up at that time, but I usually just lay in bed until I fall back asleep.  This morning, however, I decided to get up and exercise.  Not sure why I picked today to start, but I'm glad I did.  I've gotten back to my per-pregnancy weight, but not near the body type.  I would really like to just firm up a bit.  We aren't members of any gym and I'm not going to get up early and run outside because it's cold and dark.  I'm exhausted by 9pm after getting the kids to bed, washing dishes, and doing any school work that needs to be done.  So I guess mornings inside are going to be it.  I haven't set a goal yet of how often and I'm sort of scared to.  Not sure how to go about this exercise thing.  I watched a cardio-sculpt netflix video on B's computer and it was good.  The workout was about 35 minutes and I was sweating!  I haven't exercised since before W was born and throughout that pregnancy, I didn't do much because I didn't want another premature baby.  So lets just say it's been about 18 months since I worked out.  Yeah...long time and I'm out of shape.  Netflix is great because there are lots of different workout videos I can watch.  There's yoga, Pilates, weights, cardio, dance, and kickboxing.  I'm going to try to stick with traditional aerobic ones for now.  Anyways, so I was up first and now B is up working on some papers in the kitchen.  The kids are still asleep so I'll probably use this time to shower and get myself ready.

We have a birthday party this morning for Hayden. He's turning 1 and we're so excited to go and see our friends A/L.  They used to be in our small group and they are such a great and loving family.  We try to meet up with them every few months at BWW and the last time we did that was either September or October.  I can't remember.  Over Christmas break, L and her boys came over for a play date and that was a lot of fum.  Their oldest is 2 months younger than A and Hayden is 4 months older than W. Hayden & W and Caleb & A will have lots of fun together in the future when we get together over the summer and for Halloween.  It's great that most of our friends are in the same life stage as us with small children.

A has been doing pretty good with his potty training.  I think it was Tuesday, he had a bad day at daycare with 2 accidents and one being poopy.  Wednesday and Thursday he had only 1 accident each and Friday he did not have any.  MP thinks that he knows the sensation and he knows when he needs to go, but he's playing and he doesn't want to stop.  He's trying to hold it and then it's just too late.  I agree with her in that he's ready.  When we are at home, we don't wait for him to tell us, we just take him every 30-45 minutes.  I realize that with 6 children, MP is not able to take A every 30 minutes.  We're very proud of him though and he even got a letter in the mail from Granddad with some $ for a McDonald's trip.  A loves him some Granddad.  In fact both R & A do. 

I wonder if it' hurts my mom's feelings any.  When we get on the computer to Skype, my mom is usually the one to pull it up and the first thing out of R and A's mouth is not 'Hi Gram' or 'I love you'...it's "Where's Granddad?".  Even when we are skyping with B's parents, A will ask Papaw where Granddad is.  Not sure what he has done, but they are in love with Granddad.  I wouldn't have it any other way!  Speaking of skype, we are supposed to skype with Ella (nana) today.  She's in Africa for a study abroad program and has been gone for 2 weeks.  We are excited to talk to her and see how things are.  I know my dad misses her.  I'm not sure what I would do if B left for a semester.  I can barely handle the over night trips to Fruitland Bible College let a long an entire semester.  Ella has been at Emory Seminary though since August so they have been doing the long distance thing for a while.  That doesn't make it any easier, but my dad is so supportive.  I pray that I would/could be that supportive if B ever did want to do that when our children are all grown and gone.

Ongoing prayer requests:  Baby Rowan is about a week old and still isn't feeding great.  He had his tongue clipped and maybe that will help.  Our financial situation is still up in the air because we don't know how much B will make from SEBTS and not exactly sure what his AJE paychecks will look like.  Praise: in my mailbox at school was an envelop with $300 cash.  I think I know who it was from...but not sure.  Praise God.  Our small group is in the beginning stages of planning a focus trip this year together around Thanksgiving or Christmas and my prayer is that everyone will make it a priority and God will piece everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment