Friday, January 13, 2012

A busy week

I just started this blog and I went almost a week without writing and I missed it!  This week was incredibly busy and it's still not over.  It's 11 pm Thursday night and I still need to wash the bottles before going to bed.  I'll have to write more tomorrow...

Alright, Friday night and all the kids are in bed.  Bryce isn't home yet from class but I'm sure he will be soon.  My plan is to write and then go to bed.  I don't think I went to sleep before 11 pm this entire week.  Let me start with Monday.
Monday started normal but around 10am, I was called at school with a message that W's temperature was 102.8.  He needed to be picked up and taken to the doctor.  So Bryce picked him up and was able to get an appointment for 11 am, but could not take him due to an important meeting for his QEP.  So I left school (the first time I've ever left in the middle of the day) and met Bryce to get W and take him to the doctor. Turns out, W had a double ear infection and needed antibiotics.  After the doctor appointment, I took him home, fed him lunch, and then Wes slept.  After getting the kids from daycare, we went to K/J's place for the BCS National Championship game between LSU and Alabama.  The plan all along was to sleepover at K/J's house to watch the game.  I thought the plans might change due to W being sick, but we still went, which leads me to the point that LSU got destroyed 21-0 and even worse, W was up most of the night.  I think I got a total of maybe 3 hours of sleep:(
Tuesday did not start normal because we woke up at K/J's place.  We had 2 cars so B took R/A to daycare and stayed home with W.  I drove the Camry straight to work.  After school R had dance and then we gave into temptation and went through the Chick-fil-A drive through because both B and I were exhausted!
Wednesday started normal again, but instead of B picking the kids up, I did because he was in class.  He has class from 2-9 which makes for long days.  I brought the kids home form day care and we played for a bit until dinner time.  After dinner it was time for Bible Study at B/J house.  Bible study went really well and I even sent W downstairs with the babysitters and he did great.  We got home around 9:30 and the kids were tired.  B and his friend David were home from class but needing to work.  After doing some dishes and school work, I went to bed.  I remember B coming to bed at 3:45 am.  I know he was tired!
Thursday I could not wake B up to save my life!  I tried 6 times and each time he would open his eyes and say something to me like "I'm getting up" but then fall right back to sleep.  So finally at 6:30, I just decided to load the kids up and take them myself.  I was late to work, but I didn't really have a choice. I think I finally pulled in around 7:20am.  Of course B was sorry that he couldn't wake up, but he had just gone to bed only a few hours earlier!  So after school I picked the kids up and went back for a basketball game.  We left the game at 5:30 so I could take care of Cooper and give the kids a bath.  Later, at 7 pm, we were meeting some people at BWW for Jenelle Preston's birthday party.  That was fun and yummy! Again, we got home after the kids' bedtime, but at least they got to see B before going to bed.
Friday started normal and B took the kids to daycare so I could get to my school for prayer group.  We didn't have as many people as last week, but I'm not discouraged.  At 4 pm I picked up the kids and we took MP home also.  We stopped by the house quickly to just let Cooper out and then drove to Sam's Club for dinner and a few groceries.  Wow...what a week! 
My plan is to finish this post, hulu the Bachelor, and then fall asleep.  I want to sleep as late as my kids will allow!  Praise God for good sleepers!

No comments:

Post a Comment