Monday, January 2, 2012

Another year down...

I can't believe 2011 is just about over.  The years keep going by faster and faster.  B and I celebrated 6 years of marriage this year as well as the birth of our 3rd child, R's 3rd birthday, and A's second birthday.  We also had other family members celebrate big events.  Addison and Layla were both born, Bubba got married, Ella finished her first semester at Emory, and I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting.  2012 will have a lot in store for our immediate and extended family.  One thing in question right now is B's job situation.

A few days before Christmas, B was offered 3 classes to teach adjunct at The College at Southeastern.  Teaching is his passion so of course he wanted to accept, but payment was an issue.  He contacted Durham Tech CC to ask if they still had openings (they offered him 2 classes for the spring, but he declined because of money).  DTCC replied that their classed had been filled, so B talked to AJE about the situation and the company is willing to work with him.  B can drop to 25% or even take a leave until May when he is done with school.  Taking a leave isn't really an option because we need the income so he decided to drop to 25%.  And then TODAY Durham Tech sent B and email saying 2 classes were open and he could have them if he wanted to.  Unfortunately, they conflict with his CaSE classes, so he replied that if it was possible to change the times or convert them to online classes, that he would do it.  God's hand is at work in our family, and it's beginning with my faithful husband.  Bryce has been working at AJE and continuing to take the opportunities that the Lord has presented him to provide for our family.  AJE hasn't been the easiest job in the world, but it's what we needed for our family, and God threw it in B's lap.  Now we are at another point where God is throwing stuff in B's lap and decisions are being made.  I have to pause and think...when is the last time God threw something in my lap?  I've been at the same job for 7 years now.  I love my job, but am I complacent?  Am I not listening to maybe a different calling?  Just questions for me to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment