Friday, June 15, 2012

Bath Time!

My first three days home with the kids have been a blast!  We spent 2 days at the pool and the rainy day over at a friend's house to play.  R/A/W have been great and I'm enjoying my time with them.  I created a schedule to help me get through the days with some structure.  We haven't stuck to it perfectly, but most of the time we're pretty good.  One thing I like the most is our praise and worship time after breakfast.  All 3 days we've done this and the kids like it too.  We listen to a variety of praise and worship music but mostly kid stuff with hand motions and dancing.  Go fish is a favorite and we listen to them daily.  The 10 Commandment Boogie is requested everyday and there's a puppet show song of If You're Happy and You Know it.  I'm trying to broaden their horizons and teach them new songs.  Amazing Grace is my goal for next week.  Today was sunny and clear so we went to the pool.  Taking all three kids swimming made me nervous at first, but it was great.  We even went to the deep end so R & A could jump off the diving board.  After swimming we ate lunch at home and then rest time.
Ready to get in

Trying to warm up in the sun


Waiting for lunch at home

 B & I are trying to get in a better habit of bathing the kids everyday.  We used to just give them baths every other day and always Saturday before church.  Since it's summertime and they sweat from being outside, we're trying to establish bath time every night.  So I found these bathtub crayons and let the kids try 'em out.  They LOVED it!  We are definitely supportive of anything that encourages creativity.




No comments:

Post a Comment