Friday, June 29, 2012

It's Getting Hot in Here...

Well today was the hottest it's been and I found out that the next four days are supposed to be hotter...It's going to be difficult to get my kids outdoors in this heat!  I don't blame them...it's almost too hot for me too. 
Temperature at 1:00 pm in Cherry

Temperature at 3:00 pm in the Camry
On the way home from the sprayground, Cherry read 107 degrees.  While the kids were taking their nap, I ran to the store and the Camry also read 107 degrees. 

Today we met friends at the sprayground and it was so much fun.  It was our first time, and we'll definitely go back.  There are two sections.  Since it was Baylor's birthday, Nicole brought cupcakes for all the kids.  We had our picnic lunch and then ate his baseball cupcakes.  W was a mess! 

Tonight, we had a new couple over for dinner.  Their names are Adam and Jen and they have a 3 year old, Marlow.  We also had the Daniels and Gillams over since we wanted Adam and Jen to meet more couples from church.  I had a great time, and from what I can tell, everyone did.  If it wasn't so hot, we would have let the kids play in the backyard, but even at 7:00 pm, it was still too hot.  They had fun playing in the kids' rooms though.  I'm not sure where Adam and Jen stand when it comes to small groups, but we would like for them to start coming to the family Sunday School class at CRF-WFR. They just attend the second service right now so the first hour Marriage and family class would fit into their schedule perfectly.  We've been trying to get more 'young' couples to attend.  I'm not even sure if B and I fit into the 'young' couple group anymore.  We are more like 'young' families I think even though we are young at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment