Saturday, April 27, 2013

Easter 2013


The whole family would get to go down to LA for Easter this year.  For the first time ever, my spring break was the week following Easter weekend.  It was exciting because we could actually stay Sunday instead of traveling back to NC.  I had to work Thursday though so we left early Friday morning for Hammond, LA.  We met Chris and Heather in Atl and we followed one another to LA.  I think we arrived at Uncle Charles' house at 8:30 pm.  There were already lots of people there and my kids were tired.  B and I were pumped though to be around family for my favorite holiday of the year!  Here are links to last year's posts about Easter.  I won't have as many pictures this year but Anna took lots that will be on facebook.
Easter Part 1
Easter Part 2

Basically Friday we got there, put the kids to bed, and we were not far behind them.  It was a long day of traveling.  Saturday morning started off right with Beignets made by Grandmalupe, Bryce, and my dad.  The morning was filled with outside play time in beautiful weather!  The temperature stayed around the mid to low 70's which was awesome.  I think B and I had our first batch of crawfish around 11:00 am.  Of course we had our annual softball game later that afternoon, followed by another round of crawfish.  Later that night, we made a Sonic trip for some ice cream.  Again, my favorite day of the year!

with Grandmalupe
The Hantla Clan


Family getting ready for picture


Waiting for Beau
The Whole Family
Brave boy

kiss your dinner

Aunt Mo with Abe

The boys

Cousins

catching crawfish

Cousins

Crawfish!

Ashley and Ryan

W and Avery

family

More Family

Rin Scared and Uncle Paul protecting her

Aunt Mo with Rin

sibs

I'm getting Rin out

Abe helping Tata pitch

Watching Gram bat

Avery and W

Sweet R

Our plan was to make it to church Sunday, but we could not at 7:00 am.  Rin wanted to go so I got up with her and got her ready.  The rest of us slept in a bit.  Sunday morning was spent outside playing again with a huge Easter Egg Hunt before lunch.  Uncle Charles fried a turkey, baked a turkey, and a ham for Easter Lunch.  We had some yummy food and it was so nice to eat with the family.  Anna, Paul, and their kids came over for the egg hunt and lunch before driving back to Houston.  We left shortly after lunch to head up to Hattiesburg to spend the night with my mom and Chuck.

We got to Hattiesburg a little before 4:00 right before the rain hit.  It was a very chill evening with Spaghetti for dinner and a movie with Granddad.  The kids played with Granddad's toys before getting a bath and going to bed.  We woke up Monday to make the drive back to NC so B could teach class on Tuesday.  It was a long drive (there and back) but so worth it to be with family on Easter weekend.  The kids had such a good time and have asked when we can go back to Uncle Charles's house.....I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment