Monday, November 17, 2014

Date Night in TX

A long awaited date night finally happened thanks to Aunt Mo and her family.  B coordinated with her and she agreed to watch our four along with her 3 on a Friday night.  We took our kids to her house and dropped them off.  Of course they were so excited about cousin time.  My kids LOVE spending time with their cousins.  That's been a huge blessing of moving to TX.  I didn't realize how much fun it would be seeing them play and interact with their cousins.  Sure, there are some problems every now and again, but that's normal.  They are learning conflict resolution right? 
Our ride to Katy


Everyone is excited!

Right after dropping the kids off with Aunt Mo

But anyways, B and I planned to go to Old Navy so I could finally use a gift card that I've had since E was born but I refused to buy any new clothes until I lost baby weight.  Well I'm proud to say that I have, so it was time.  We were going to do a little kid-free shopping then grab dinner at Red Lobster.  I knew there was an Old Navy at the Katy Mills mall so that's where we headed first.  They were having a sale so B ended up getting a pair of pants also.  We love sales and we enjoy shopping together.  Not so much with the kids, but when it's just the 2 of us, it's fun.  So after shopping we tried to find the Red Lobster, but couldn't so we ended up at Olive Garden which was just as tasty.  Overall, we had a great date night and it was awesome to just talk. 
My Love
We miss our friends from NC a lot, and one thing they've got going for them is the monthly date night rotations.  It's so important in your marriage to date your spouse and when someone can provide free babysitting, that's a huge blessing.  B and I will try to not let 4 more months go before having another date night and it shouldn't be too hard because our anniversary is in December:)

No comments:

Post a Comment