Monday, August 24, 2015

Planet Civitan 2015

Our favorite summer activity is Civitan Camp, and this year the Theme was Planet Civitan- Outta this world!  W was old enough to be a staff brat so we would have 3 of the 4 kids with us for a few days.
Rin's little friend Brinkly


Jimmy aka Batman

Josh and Logan at the talent show

Big Al, Ian, and Peyton

Dylan

 B and I had to move in Saturday morning.  I was an area parent at Native Village and B was the crew captain of the Hang Out (pool).  We were both excited about our positions and being back at NV together.  Most of Saturday was spent catching up with camp family and orientation meetings.  Counselors arrived and we ended the night with ice cream.  B and I found a little time to look at the stars down at the camp fire (one of our favorite places at camp).  Sunday all our campers came and it was so exciting.  It's one of the best days (they are all best days) to experience when parents drive through the gates and our friends are greeted with cheers and screams of excitement.  NV had 14 wonderful boys this year and each of them were great for us. 
Josh

Michael

Slade

Jimmy


Ian at Arts and Crafts

Ian at Adventure

I need to document my time with Ian.  From day one, Ian called me mom and insisted that I wake him in the morning and tuck him in at night.  It was such a great feeling and I enjoyed being his camp mom for the week.  I could never replace any of the boys' moms, but I will do everything I can to be the best camp mom they could ever have.  Ian was super sweet and made me feel so special.  His mom left notes for each day Ian was away, so during afternoon rest time, we would read his notes together in his cabin and pray for his family.  I hope my own children pray for me while they are away from me.  I could share stories about each of our 14 boys that we had at Native Village, but it would be way too long of a post. 
Our boys loading up for dinner

Silly Logan

Matthew

Big Al

Sweet Cristian

Cade at Art Expression

Rope

Rin, Abe, and Wes loved camp, just like we knew they would.  They joined us Monday afternoon and stayed with us through Thursday evening.  The boys stayed in the cabin with B and R slept in my bed with me.  One of the kids favorites to be around for the week was Al.  Al was so funny and played so well with the kids.  They woke up looking for Al, and Al was the last one they wanted to see before going to bed.  I look forward to many more years of camp with my very own kids. 
Matthew at the rock climbing wall

Our group at the Hang Out


swimming at the lake



B and I got to go back for one day of Adult Week.  We used to work both weeks, but since having kids and B changing jobs, we've had to scale back to 1 week.  If B ever got back to being a professor and having summers completely off, we would go back to working both week.  My two favorites of all times are adults now: Clayton and Kevin.  I leave a piece of my heart with them every year!

Brother-in-law Bill

Jo Jo

my Kevin

B and his girl Maggie


Dancing with Rory


my Clayton

James and Antoine

Happy Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment