Wednesday, August 5, 2015

VBS @ SCBC Journey Off The Map


I want my kids to grow up going to VBS, so I decided that I would volunteer at SCBC so E, W, and A could attend.  Only school age children could go, unless the parent was volunteering so voila!  I requested to be with W, but I was told there were already too many teachers in his room, so I just told the ladies in charge to put me wherever they needed me.  I ended up in the 20-24 month old room and it really was a fun time.  I worked with a woman named Amy, and her 12 year old daughter named Jenna.  Vicki game and helped me on Thursday since VBS was during the 2 week period when she was in town.  I was glad that she was able to come help, because several people were missing on that last day. 



The kids had a great time, and their crafts were so cute.  The theme was Journey Off the Map and was all about Jesus as their guide.  I will definitely help out again, but I think I might like to be with older kids next time.  Maybe 2nd or 3rd graders....not sure, but I have 11 months to think about it.  We have the VBS soundtrack in Storm and we listen to it so much that it's starting to wear out and skip during songs 1 and 4.  I guess those are the songs that we listen to over and over. 



No comments:

Post a Comment