Tuesday, March 8, 2016

MOPs Playdate

I'm not sure I've documented my MOPs group that I've joined at SCBC.  If I have, then I'll just repeat myself.  Last year I joined the MOPs group at Grace Presbyterian and I met Erica from that group.  Since we moved to Richmond, I wanted to find a closer group so I signed up for the MOPs group at Sugar Creek.  Last summer, Miriam called me to ask if I would be a table host this year even though I haven't done MOPs before at SCBC.  I told her I would do it because I know how to facilitate a discussion.  This MOPs group was so much bigger than the one I did last year so I was a bit overwhelmed at the beginning.  I attended a Steering Meeting before things started where I was quickly trained in how to be a table hostess.  I met a few of the women and tried my best to be social.  Our meeting started in September and I usually have 2 a month.  My table has had some changes throughout the school year, but I have definitely enjoyed it.  I've met more moms and maybe even some friends.  The mentor mom at my table is wonderful and I'm so glad our paths have crossed.  In addition to our meetings, we have Mom's Night Out and Mommy & Me playdates.  I've attended most of the playdates but not all of the MNO.  I went to Bunco in the fall but the cookie exchange was on our anniversary.  I can't make it to the Easter Egg Hunt because we will be in LA.  Our most recent Mommy & Me playdate was last week at the Fire station.







 Our kids haven't had any interest in firemen but I felt like this would be a fun day for E and W.  It was a lot of fun and W learned a lot from listening to the fire-fighters talk about what to do in an emergency.  I felt terrible when he asked what number to call in an emergency and W didn't know the answer.  Now he knows what to do if I get hurt and can't talk.  The firemen were patient and kind with the kids and let them crawl through the truck and hold the hose in the back.  All in all it was a great playdate and I would visit the fire station again.
From the Halloween playdate at the nursing home
 My MOPs group is great and we will have a MNO in April with just the ladies from my table.  We all get a long great and I never have to worry about discussions because the conversation flows very smoothly.  I was asked to continue to be on the leadership team next school year and I said I would, that is, unless I go back to work full-time.  I will just pray for guidance and direction and follow where the Lord leads me.  I'm doing my part to open doors and we are praying that God keeps them open or shuts them quickly. 
Our first meeting September 2015

A craft day in October 2015

Cristina's last meeting-she moved to Russia Nov 2015

yummy MOPs breakfast-this is a cake

Our March 2016 meeting I learned how to make yoyo's for Dress a Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment