Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Valentine's Weekend

We've done a kid swap with the Marsh family for valentines before, so we did it again this year.  We took the Marsh kids for Saturday and they took our kids Sunday.  Sunday seems strange, but Friday didn't work because B was still out of town for work.

Friday was an early release day, but the kids had their Valentine Parties at school.  I was able to attend, and they were both super cute and fun.  R & A both love Williams and I'm so thankful God led us to this neighborhood.  R's class played games and had a Valentine breakfast, while A's class had an ice cream party.  R left school early with me, but A wanted to finish the day out so he rode the bus home.

A's best friend Brayton

Staying busy in Ms. Lucky's room

Minute to Win It games





A and Mrs. Barnett

B arrived home at 8:30 am Saturday morning (February 13).  We picked him up from the airport and skipped our workout and went to IKEA instead.  We bought a new toy chest for the girls' room and headed home.  The cousins came over in the afternoon and we played outside until dinner time.  We ordered pizza for dinner and we all watched Avengers Assemble together.   I don't even know when the kids finally fell asleep but I know it was late.

Sunday we all piled into Storm and went to church at SCBC.  I made lunch at the house and the kids watched Tomorrowland while E took a nap.  We brought all the kids back to the Marsh pad around 5 pm and that's when our date night started.  Our kids didn't have school the next day due to Presidents Day, so it actually worked out rather nicely.  I told B I wanted him to take me to see The Choice for Valentine's Day since I had read the book.  We drove to Katy Mills Mall since we had AMC vouchers and that was the closest AMC theater.  We bought our tickets and also got a coke and popcorn to share.  The movie started at 6:40 and lasted about 2 hours.  When we got out, we noticed there was a showing for Deadpool at 9:00 so we bought 2 more tickets and saw Deadpool.  It's hard for me to say it was good because it was Rated R and for good reason.  It was pretty rough with language, dirty jokes, nudity, and violence.  We were shocked to see kids in this theater.  How could parents take their kids (even teens) to see this movie is beyond me.  I will admit, I did laugh a lot.  We finally got home around midnight and boy, did we every feel 33 years old.  We don't go to the movies a lot but to see 2 in one night was pretty amazing.  If we'd seen The Choice second, I would have fallen asleep, I can guarantee it.





B had to go to work the next day, but I met him for lunch since we didn't actually eat a meal on Valentine's Day together.  Then after lunch, I got the kids back and we finished out our day like normal.  I love my hubby and spending time with him to celebrate our love.


cousin fun Valentine's night

taking Micah to school on Monday



No comments:

Post a Comment