Tuesday, March 1, 2016

No Eating Out-January

B and I started talking over Christmas break about how easy life had been.  When I say easy, I just mean that our family had maybe started taking things for granted.  We talked a lot about trying to challenge ourselves with something for one month and agreed that we would give up going out to eat for one month.  We didn't really look at it as saving money because that wasn't the purpose, but it did save us some money.  We just wanted to challenge ourselves to something that would be inconvenient at times.  So starting January 1, we did not eat out.

Now, we don't "eat out" in the sense that we go to a sit down restaurant and drop somewhere between $45-$60 for our family.  Our eating out consists of The Club (Sam's Club), Chickfila, Dominoes pizza, and an occasional Taco Bell.  Although we don't spend $50 at one time, we could spend $50 in a weekend eating out 2-3 times over the course of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  So we maybe saved $150 for the month, but again, that wasn't our main goal.  Our main goal was just to see if we could do it and we did, but it called for a lot of planning.  I had to make sure we had food for Friday night and Saturday (our main eating out days).  I cooked 7 days a week, which I usually don't do. 

I can say that it wasn't as bad as I thought, but we were glad to eat out on February 5th.  We ate at BWW (with the Parles) and had a wonderful time.  My favorite part....no dishes!





No comments:

Post a Comment