Friday, October 28, 2016

CG Games

I started working out with Camp Gladiator in April when Erin B invited me to try and free camp.  I LOVED it and met most of my fitness needs that I wasn't getting from the YMCA.  The best part about CG was I could work out in the mornings before anyone else was awake and then I had my full day and didn't have to drive to the YMCA.  I still went to the Y too because I had friends there and I did like the HIIT class but it was only twice a week for 30 minutes.  I really enjoyed CG so I kept going and then finally we cancelled our Y membership and I joined CG instead.  I started making friends at CG and then one morning Skyler, our trainer, pulled me aside with Hyon & Sylvia and told us that we should form a CG Games team.  The three of us with Ally (Mike's wife) would be a team and compete.  We all agreed and formed our team 2 Fit 2 Quit.

meeting Hyon at 5:45 to drive to the games

Ally (and baby), Hyon, Me, and Sylvia








The first round of prelims was August 20th with another round on September 3.  There were 4 events and our team had been meeting on Sundays for several weeks practicing the events for prelims.  If you wanted to go to the second day and improve your time, then you could so our team actually did perform both days.  Bryce and the kids came to the first location and first day in Pearland and cheered us on.  The second time I just went with the girls and he stayed at home.  We didn't finish high enough to compete at the finals in November, but we had a great time and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Our trainer for CG Skyler

Our trainer for the games, Mike (Ally's husband)


 These are videos that B took.  Having him and the kids there cheering us on felt so nice.  The second time we went, they didn't come along and it was different not having anyone cheering for us.  We yelled for each other and we all improved our times for our events.
our times after the first day of prelims.










No comments:

Post a Comment