Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter 2012 (Part 1)

A DeDeaux Family Reunion happens every year at Easter time.  It starts usually Good Friday and lasts through Easter Sunday.  Easter is my favorite holiday simply because of this family get together.

We love family!  One thing B and I noticed from the beginning is how much we BOTH valued family.  Our families are very important and precious to us.  We always look at pictures of family to make sure our kids know names and faces.  We also skype was much as we can with family.  Family sticks together.

Last year we did not make it to the crawfish boil because I was pregnant with W.  It was too close to the end of my pregnancy to travel.  I was heartbroken.  We skyped on Saturday and I wept while talked to Uncle Charles.  I missed everyone so much but especially Uncle Charles.  He really is the sweetest man I know.  He helped find me the flights for our trip this year.  Even though Easter was at the end of my spring break, we had to fly because it was me alone.  B had class the week of Easter so I flew down south with all three kids.  I know, I'm crazy.  The kids were actually really well behaved.  Here are a few pictures from our flight down to New Orleans.








 Tata picked us up from the airport and we had breakfast at Waffle House.  It's been a long time since I'd been to a Waffle House.  The kids shared a waffle and A had some bacon.  W enjoyed some of Tata's raisin toast and grits.  After breakfast, we stopped at Tata's house to change and then headed out to the beach.  The kids LOVED the beach and I'm so mad at myself that I didn't have my camera to take any pictures.  All 3 kids played in the water and the sand.  W was like a fish and we had to pull him out of the water.  I didn't have a swim diaper so he pretty much went naked.  After a hour at the beach, the kids were beat and all three slept while I drove to Hattiesburg.
We arrived at my mom's house around 5:30pm.  The evening was spent playing, eating dinner, getting baths, and then bedtime.  All four of us were sleeping in the middle bedroom.  The kids were exhausted and went to sleep no problem.  I was pretty tired too, but stay up chatting with my mom and AC for a while.  B called me after he got out of class and then I hit the sack.

Wednesday morning started with gifts from Gram and Granddad for Easter.  R got a new Minnie Mouse outfit, A got a Cars personalized jacket, and W got a soccer outfit.  My plans for the day included getting R some new shoes that fit, W a haircut, and pictures with the Easter Bunny.  My parents wanted to take us out to lunch, color eggs, and then we had church at 6pm in honor of Grandpa Hantla.  We managed to accomplish everything except W's haircut.  Here are a few pictures from the morning.







Thursday morning we were able to get W a haircut at the barber shop that Granddad goes to.  The guy's name is Dell and he was a nice man.  Wes did great.  I think he was a little nervous, but never cried at all.  R & A were very encouraging and cheered W on while he was sitting in the big chair.  Around lunch time, Julie came to visit.  Julie and I are college friends. We played soccer together at MC for four years.  Julie is married to Chris but Chris is deployed to Afghanistan for a year. Julie has 2 kids.  Reese is 20 months and Remy is 10 weeks.  Erin Bishop Taylor was suppose to come down, but had car trouble so she couldn't.  We all had lunch and visited.  It was so good to see Julie and catch up.  She lives in Meridian while Chris is gone and they will settle down somewhere when he gets back.




Julie, Remy(10 weeks), Reese (20 months), Abe (2.5), Rin(3.5), Katie, Wes (11 months)

I drove back to Pass Christian to pick up my dad and then we had to pick Heather up from the airport. Before leaving my dad's house, we took some pictures on his motorcycle.  R & A wanted to ride it, but we didn't have enough time.  Maybe sometime this summer when they spend a few days down on the coast.  


After picking up Heather from the New Orleans Airport, we drove to Hammond and were greeted by all the family that I'd missed for 2 years.  It was so good to receive hugs from uncles and cousins and my new Aunt.  I don't have any pictures of that first night, but this is the start to my favorite 2 days of the entire year.  Good Friday and Easter Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment