Friday, May 4, 2012

"May the 4th be with you"

Cheesy I know, but I heard it on the radio this morning.  Normally I don't listen to the radio because it takes 2 minutes for Bryce to bring me to school, but this morning I was alone and had to drive the kids.  We left the house at 6:16 and I got to school at 6:48 so just over 30 minutes in the car.  I'm very spoiled and I know that.  I love living close to where I work!

I've been prepping for Wesley's first birthday party this week, and it's Sunday after church.  It looks like it might just be some small group friends and that's fine with us.  For favors I decided to make homemade play-dough packets for the kids.  Jenni helped me find the recipe and forwarded a blog to me.  I did a little searching and found this video on youtube showing how to make it.  We halved the ingredients and tried it at home and it was great.  We used cherry kool-aid so the play-dough was red and smells really good.  It's a little greasy, but just as good as play-dough.  I'll take pictures of the packets on Sunday at W's party.  I can't believe he's turning 1.  He's almost walking-consistently taking 3-4 steps.  He has his doctor's appointment next Tuesday so I'll get his weight and other stats then. 

B and I just made plans with his parents for their trip out here in June.  His mom is coming Monday, June 18th because B is leaving on the 18th for the Southern Baptist Convention in New Orleans.  B's dad is meeting B down there and then they will fly back on Wednesday.  P&V will stay with us through the weekend and leave Monday, Just 25th.  I'm so thankful that V is coming early to help me while B is out of town for the 18-20th.  B is going to the convention to take the place of a class that he would other wise have to take over the summer.  We'll be traveling in July for Civitan Camp and that will round our summer traveling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment