Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wesley's One Year Check-up

I took W to the doctor Tuesday, May 8 at 3:45 in the afternoon after school.  B had the other 2 to take R to dance.  I usually don't get to go to the appointments because they are usually during the day.  I was excited about this one!

We didn't have to wait long before going back.  The nurse took all of W's stats first.  W weighed 23 lbs 9 oz, was 29 inches tall, and his head circumference was 46.23cm around.  The doctor said he was healthy and looked great.  W can say 'ma ma', 'da da', 'bye bye', and he can sign more, please, and all done.  He's very smart!  W can also take 4-5 steps.  I tried to get him to walk to the doctor but he was shy.  W doesn't really like strangers.  When I think about it, he's not really ever around strangers.  He's with R & A everyday.  That's is safe zone.  When we take him to nursery on Sunday mornings, he cries.  If people try to hold him that he does not know, he cries.  I remember A going through that, but not R.  Oh well.  W is husky, but healthy.  I looked back and R & A's one year and he weighs more than both of them.  We already put him in a front facing car seat in cherry and it's much better.  All three kids are facing the front and it's very cute.

I praise the Lord for the past year that we've had with Wesley.  The blessing that he is to our family is proof and evidence of God's grace and love.  B and I are learning daily about godly parenting.  We are learning so much from the Lord, especially in the area of patience.  Our 3 blessings from a above are a gift from our Father who loves his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment