Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

This was the first mother's day where the kids (R & A) actually knew what we were honoring.  B did a great job of finding time to help the kids make me cards and he picked out a special card for me.  Sunday morning we went to Krispy Kreme for breakfast before church and ate about a dozen donuts.  13 donuts to be exact.  R & A each had 2, B shared with W, and I probably downed 4 myself.  The original glazed are just so yummy.  They melt in your mouth yummy and if you're not careful, you can eat 3 before you know it.  It was such a nice treat for breakfast.  Church was great as usual.  B & I are now going to the family and marriage Sunday School lead by Dr. Mike Garret (on DVD) and we are co-leaders with Bill and Janda Hairston & Paul and Jenny Spain.  We are enjoying it.  After class, we sat with J/K Gillam during worship and as always, Pastor Chuck delivered a wonderful message.  We really love our church.  After church we headed home for a quick lunch and then naps for the kids.  During the kids' naps, I wanted to go layout, but it was cloudy, so B and I took advantage of the situation and watched an episode of Supernatural and took a nap also.  We've really gotten into Supernatural and we try to watch a few episodes every week.  Most of the time, we watch on the weekends, but those evenings feel like 'little dates'.  After naps we met the Gillam's at Champs for our mother's day meal.  Champs was running a special for mother's day that if you eat there on Mother's day, they would give you a gift card for $10 off a $25 purchase once a month for the following year.  We didn't know about this special last year so we were pumped to find out about it.  We enjoy eating at Champs and it's a fun place for the kids as well.  We will make plans now, to eat out at Champs at least once a month!  The evening ended with 30 minutes of Lady and the Tramp.  It's a classic that our kids haven't seen before.  We weren't sure if they would be into it, so we just let them watch a little.  R enjoyed it more than A, but that didn't surprise us.  The barking really confused Cooper though.  All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day.  I spent time with my family, time with my husband, and time with friends. 
The kids playing after naps.

Me with my god-daughters.  I love these girls!
My Cards: From R (flowers), A (McQueen), W (Baby face)


R was the only one who decorated the back too.

My card from B


No comments:

Post a Comment