Friday, July 13, 2012

Hattiesburg Zoo

Our plans for Friday were up in the air because Chuck was having surgery on his hand.  My mom would have to take him to the hospital and then stay with him, so AC said she'd be happy to take me and the kids to the zoo. Of course I wasn't sure what to do in H-town so that became our plan.  The zoo opened at 10, and I think we pulled up at 10:05.  It was already hot and sunny, but I was just happy to be out of the rain (read previous post).  The kids were excited about our activity, but mostly excited about the train ride.  We saw a variety of animals: zebras, tigers, jaguar, llamas, ostrich, alligator, and lots of monkeys and birds.  The kids enjoyed the prairie dog exhibit and climbed in and out of the tunnel.  All in all it was a good time.  There was a ground sprinkler like at triangle, but we did not know that.  I wish we would have known so we could have packed their swim suits.  AC and I thought about letting them just play in their clothes and then strip them down for the ride home.  When we got off the train, it was 11:45 so we decided just to head home. 
Looking at some sort of monkey


Trying to see the Prairie Dogs



hi!



Waiting for the train

silly kids

on the train

EXCITED!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment