Monday, July 30, 2012

Is it Saturday?

R asks almost every night if the next day is Saturday.  The reason R looks forward to Saturdays so much is not for cartoons or a special breakfast...its the only morning that she can get out of bed and turn her lamp on in her room and play.  Every other morning, she must stay in bed until I come get her, but on Saturdays, she is allowed to turn on her lamp and play quietly in her room.  This past Saturday, I went in and took some pictures of what she was doing.  Some people have asked me why she can't do this every morning, and she can't because she would be awake at 4 am.  It's happened.  For several mornings in a row, I would wake up because I would see her light on at 4am.  She was just playing in her room, but way to early.  We tried teaching her that she would have to wait until after 7:00 am, but she didn't understand that 7:01 was okay too.  She woke up at 7:09 and didn't get out of bed because the clock didn't say 7:00.  I tried to explain that if the first number was a 7, then she could get out of bed, but she still doesn't.  She just waits in bed until I come in her room, unless it's Saturday and then her room looks like this...
notice Belle on the pirate ship

ready for the tea party

Her lamp

Her monkey in her tea kettle

a little tea party

No comments:

Post a Comment