Monday, December 31, 2012

December Date Night

The Daniel's hosted December date night and it was on the 14th.  B and I decided we would use that night to celebrate our 7 year anniversary (on a Monday).  We talked about different places to eat and things to do, but we decided on dessert at The Melting Pot (yummy).  We got our kids ready to go and dropped them off around 5:30 at Andrew and Sara's house.

After leaving the kids, we talked about our plans and realized we hadn't left anytime to eat dinner.  We were going to have to rush to TMP for dessert without eating food, so we changed our plans last minute.  Instead, we headed to the Olive Garden in Wake Forest, for a full meal.  We love their salad and breadsticks so I was very excited. We didn't quite make it though:(

When we got to the parking lot, I started to not feel good and told B he had pull over quickly.  He didn't understand what I was saying so he brought me to the front to drop me off....I was like 'no no the back now!'  So he drove around to the back and put the van in park just in enough time for me to open the door and puke outside.  I had caught the stomach bug (Abe had it earlier that week) and knew that I wouldn't be able to eat for a day or so:(  After I got it all out, I felt much better but so much for our date night.  We ended up going to blockbuster to rent MIB3 and then B went through the drive thru at Taco Bell for his dinner.  I had some ginger ale to help settle my stomach.  We had fun being together though and the kids had a blast at the Daniel house.

No comments:

Post a Comment