Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We had a great Thanksgiving with my family this year.  We might not have as many pictures to show but a week full of stories and fun.  I'll start with the Sunday before Thanksgiving when my mom and Chuck arrived...

November 18:  My mom and Chuck arrived around 12:30 when we got back from church.  They left Mississippi Saturday morning and stayed the night in Spartanburg, SC.  We were so excited about their visit.  After they got here, it was lunch time and we watched a little Carolina football.  The kids took their naps and the adults just chatted.  After nap time, we all went to Wal-mart to get some groceries for the week and for Thanksgiving and then home for dinner. 

November 19: My parents were going to stay home with the kids while B and I went to work.  Since we had to get up so early, we let my parents have our bedroom and we slept on the sofas.  It wasn't bad at all.  After work, my parents were taking us out to eat for my birthday:)  I wanted to go to Milton's and we met our church friends there also.  We had 24+ people there and it was a great time.  Jen picked me up a special cupcake and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me.  Very sweet!

November 20: Last day of work for me and B while my parents watched the kids again.  We got home from work early because A was going to try his first gymnastics class at 3:30.  R goes at 4:30, but her class is full.  The only way for A to take a class, was going to be a different day or at 3:30.  Since this was a trial and my parents were in town, we thought this was the best time.  All 7 of us went to Youngs Gym and watched A.  He did pretty good for just being 3 and being new.  R and W sat with us and waited.  When A was done, it was R's turn.  Since W had already been there for an hour, B & I took A and W home while my parents waited with R.  We had quesadillas for dinner and then watched Brave.

November 21: B and I both had off the rest of the week:)  Our morning was just relaxing with breakfast and playtime.  W had a check-up at 10:15 am for his ear infection and then for his flu shot.  We all went to the doctor, but I'm the only one who went back with W.  His ear was all better and he got his 18 month shots, plus his flu vaccine. Our goal that day was to get a new mattress and my parents wanted to take R/A to see Wreck it Ralph at 4:10.  Those 2 things were our only plans.  Well after W's doctor appointment, we were all hungry so we stopped at Mimi's Cafe for lunch.  We love their dill pickles as well as other stuff there.  Our lunch took forever and seems like 2 hours long.  After lunch we headed to Sam's to look for a mattress.  The mattress that we have is the same mattress that my mom bought when she bought the bedroom furniture for me 18 years ago.  Needless to say, it was worn.  We found a mattress and box-spring from Sam's that we liked and my parents got it for us.  Bryce tied it to the top of the van with some twine that Sam's gave us and we were on our way home.  It was maybe 1:45 is about this time I believe and as we were driving down capital blvd, the twine popped and our mattress and box-spring flew off the top of the car into the middle of the street.  One SUV drove over the mattress and it got stuck under the car so she dragged it over to the side of the road.  Another truck was able to stop before running over the box-spring and B jumped out to get it out of the middle of the road.  It was horrible.  I called Nicole to see if Justin could come help us out with his truck and he was on his way.  I drove the van to meet up with the woman who had the mattress stuck under her car and by the time I had gotten there, it was out.  It was all torn up and ruined though.  She wanted our information just in case her car was messed up.  I couldn't blame her, so I gave her B's name and number.  I was just so upset that not 10 minutes earlier, my parents just paid a lot of money for this set.  We were trying to figure out where to dump it because it was obviously no good, and we didn't think Sam's would take it back since it was our fault that it popped off the roof!  But my mom called anyways, and sure enough, they said "bring it back and we'll exchange it".  Can you believe that?  We will be Sam's Club members for life now! Justin, B, and my mom took the set back to Sam's for a  new set.  Chuck and I took the kids home for naps.  It was 3 pm by the time we got home, and now the chance for a movie was pretty much ruined:(  However, after we got the new set inside and fixed up, my parents took a short nap.  When they woke up, they still wanted to take the kids to the movies at 7:30.  B and I thought it was a great idea and they would be fine.  I posted our old mattress set on craigslist for free and we had someone come pick it up later that evening.  What started out as a horrible day, ended on a good note.

November 22: Thanksgiving!  So again, we took it easy that morning and started most of the cooking.  B worked on the turkey while I made a couple of casseroles.  My mom made mash potatoes and stuffing also.  The Gillams were coming over and K was bringing a fried turkey!  We were going to have so much food. I'm just going to post pictures from this day instead of trying to recount everything.  I know we watched the parade, ate, napped, and ate some more!





B's turkey

Keith's turkey
Gram with grand-kids
puzzle time
Gram and Granddad
BFF's
The Hantla Clan Thanksgiving 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment