Friday, August 2, 2013

4th of July 2013

4th of July this year was a ton of fun!  We started the morning off with Ell sleeping past 7:00 and I was in shock!  I will admit that I was nervous going into her room so I asked B to go with me just in case:(  Everything was fine though and she was just snoozing!



We had a normal breakfast as headed into downtown wake forest for the children's parade.  Our small group made matching t-shirts so we were sporting them all for the parade.  We had our small group plus the Gillam's so our group was pretty big.  It was fun.  R biked, A rode his scooter, W and E were in the stroller that I pushed.  B walked with A & R.  We had a great time talking with friends and we even got a picture with Uncle Sam!


After the parade, we were all hot so we quickly at lunch and then went swimming at our pool.  Our pool was pretty crowded but it was nice to cool off a little.  B swam with the bigs and I sat with E on the side.  After pool time, we headed home for naps since we had a late night ahead of us.


I can't remember what time we went to Andrew and Sara's house but after naps.  Andrew had BBQ and we all brought something to contribute.  We brought 2 desserts: a 4th of July fruit dessert and dirt cake. We ate, played, did our own fireworks and watch the big fireworks in their backyard.  This is our 3rd year to come over to A/S's house and as long as we are in the area, I see this being our yearly tradition!





No comments:

Post a Comment