Friday, August 23, 2013

Sleepovers!

With 4 kids, it's not financially realistic for us to throw big birthday parties each year.  Last year we tried "just dessert" for our friends to come over, but it didn't turn out quite like I had imagined.  I made 3-4 different desserts, we had 30+ people over, and it was more work than what we wanted.  So this year we decided to let the kids have sleep-overs for their birthday in addition to a birthday dinner of their choice. 

Rin's birthday fell on a Wednesday so that following Saturday, we hosted her girl friends for a sleepover party.  Girls arrived at 5:00 and I brought them all the church (except for Emilie) the next morning.  Rin's princess guest list included: Bella, Julia, Lexi, Bree, & Emilie.  Once all the girls arrived, they requested to color so that's what we did while Prince Bryce cooked hotdogs for everyone.  We ate dinner (picked by Rin) of hotdogs and chips and cookie for dessert.  After dinner, Rin opened her gifts before playing dress up and having a dance party while all dressed up.  It was really cute!  Following dance party, the girls watched Tangled while I painted their nails. I believe we paused the movie about 8:30 to change from dress up to jammies and then finished the movie with some popcorn.  Bedtime was about 9:00, and I'm confident all the girls were asleep by 9:45.











Prince B made pancakes for the girls Sunday morning and we had them all up by 7.  They all had their church clothes packed so I dressed them and they ate pancakes.  Emilie's dad picked her up at 8, so after that, I loaded the 6 girls into Cherry and took them to church.  I'm proud of myself; I got to church with those 6 girls before any of their parents :) 


What were Abe and Wes doing this whole time you ask?  They weren't even here.  Originally we asked Keith/Jenni to take the boys since we would have Bree/Lexi.  They agreed, but then Nicole said she would take them for a boy sleepover at their house.  So, given the choice, the boys wanted to spend the night with the Caldwells so they could play with other boys.  I believe Nicole had 6 boys spend the night at their house (their 3, my 2, and Daniel 1).  From what I heard, they had a good time.  I know they watched a movie and all slept in Grayson & Baylor's room.  Abe slept with Baylor and Wes slept on an air mattress on the floor.  Bryce picked them up early Sunday before church.


 The girls were so good and it was a lot of fun.  I would do a girl sleepover again in a heartbeat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment