Friday, August 2, 2013

MS trip

While Bryce was at Civitan Camp, the rest of us had to entertain ourselves in Mississippi for a week.  It wasn't very hard to do with grandparents here.  I'll try to recap the 2 weeks we were in MS.

Our first night in MS, my parents took us to hibachi for dinner.  This was the kids first time and they loved it.  They loved the guy cooking and also the food.  A actually ate the most, but after 2 days in the car, I was expecting them to be hungry for more than snacks.


Rin took this with my camera

This counted as B's birthday dinner




The first half of the first week, the kids were down on the coast with my dad and Ella.  I don't have any pictures from that time because I didn't go.  I do have pictures from our Friday night dinner with them when camp got out.  We met them for dinner at Cracker Barrel and then had frozen yogurt for dessert.  We had a fun time and Grandmalupe was able to meet and spend good time with her newest great-granddaughter.






Tuesday night at camp, the kids switched hands from my dad to my mom.  For the rest of our time in MS, the kids and I would be in Hattiesburg.  So starting Wednesday, I think my mom and AC took the kids to story time at the Oak Grove library before lunch.  Thursday we all went to see Monsters University after lunch.  Friday, Ryan and Ashley came down for a while and we went to Kids Rule then lunch at Q'doba.  Friday night was dinner with dad (above).



Our weekend went by quickly with the cookout on Saturday and then taking B to the airport on Sunday (for his California trip).  I don't have any pictures from the cookout:(
The next week was spent going to Pep's Point with only 1 picture from my mom's camera.

The kids also went to story-time with Gram and AC at the Hattiesburg library, another movie (Turbo), the zoo and splashpad with Gram & Granddad, and also swimming at Wesley about every other day.  AC also took each kid (except E) to get new shoes, and she took R shopping for a few school outfits.  Bryce returned home late Thursday evening so I was the only one to pick him up.  Friday we had a nice family breakfast at Cracker Barrel before getting back on the road.

Both on the way down to MS and the way back to NC, we stopped at Chris and Heather's house.  Atlanta is about our half way point so we like to break the trip up into two days.  C/H have become great life-long friends and actually H is due later in August.  Lincoln's due date is just a day or so before R's due date in 2008.  H looks fantastic and is having a great pregnancy.  We talked a lot about labor and delivery and the first few weeks.  H asked a lot of questions and seems to be excited and nervous as would any first time mom.  She and C will do a great job and be awesome parents. 

As summer is quickly coming to a close, I'm so thankful for my family and friends.  Even though I didn't go to camp, I still had a great time and love the time the kids got to spend with their grandparents.  That time is so important and even more so for my family since we live so far from our parents.  Our kids only get to see their grandparents 2-3 times per year (we skype a lot) so the time is very special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment