Friday, January 31, 2014

January snow week

Little did we know that the snow day would turn into 4 days.  We had school Monday and then not again that week.  It did snow finally Tuesday night and the roads were yucky Wednesday and Thursday.  I'm not sure why school was cancelled again on Friday but there's nothing I can do about it.  I've enjoyed the time home with my kids, even though Rin is ready to go back to school.  I think she's bored.  Here's a recap:

Tuesday school was closed with anticipating snow early afternoon.  Things changed and it didn't start to snow until almost 8 pm.  It pretty much snowed all night though.  Tuesday I went to school for a few early hours and then we got PDQ for lunch.  B was feeling a little under the weather so he stayed home and worked from home.




Wednesday we didn't go anywhere and we tried to play outside in the snow.  B took the kids sledding in the street and down the yard but once they tried to make snow angels, it was all over.  They all 3 got so cold that their hands and feet started hurting.  We came in to warm baths for the 3 bigs to help thaw them out.  If only we had come inside 10 minutes earlier, I think we could have avoided tears.  They went outside again after naps but it still ended in tears.  We braved the streets to get a hot & ready pizza because I was too tired to cook (even thought I didn't work).




Thursday was another snow day but I took the kids into the school with me for a few hours.  I was able to grade some papers and put grades in while they colored and watched a show.  E took a nap in her stroller.  It was good to get out of the house.  After that we headed back to for rest before gymnastic class.  At least gymnastics wasn't cancelled and R & A were ready for class.  W sat with us playing on B's phone and E crawled around.



Friday, the fourth snow day of the week is another lazy day.  I had all these plans to get errands run and things done but then A got sick.  When I say sick, he puked in the van.  It was gross and I wish it wouldn't have happened but with 4 kids, we are bound to get some throw up in a vehicle sometime.  He's just drinking Gatorade (from Ms. Kristen) and laying around on the sofa.  But now we have 4 days we have to make up.  I went in for 2 of the 4 and Friday's snow day I will use as a sick day since A is really sick.   


Funny story though: Wednesday night we made 'snow cream' and it was pretty good.  Rin excitedly said "Thanks God for snow" and it was awesome.  Yes, thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment