Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saints vs Panthers Year 5

B and I have been doing to the Saints/Panthers game since 2008.  We usually go with Keith & Jenni and sometimes others.  This year we went with Chris and Heather also.  The game was WET with a torrential downpour right after halftime.  We had ponchos but they didn't really help all that much.  We had a great time though, even though the Saints lost 17-13.  After the game and drying off, we headed into downtown Charlotte for dinner and a movie.
C/H headed back to GA right after the game so they didn't enjoy a night out without kids.  K made reservations for Blackfinn for 8pm.  We didn't shower or anything, but changed our clothes then headed out.  B drove the 4 of us in the Camry and we parked down town in a parking garage.  Blackfinn was very good.  I got the skillet mac & cheese.  B got some sort of burger.  J also ordered the mac & cheese and K ate a huge steak.  We had a TV in our booth also so we got to watch SNF which is always nice.  After dinner K planned for us to go see Anchorman 2.  The theater was just above the restaurant so we had to walk around the corner and up an escalator.  The theater was really snazzy also.  We had servers come take our order at our seats and we had pull out desks that we could put our food on.  B and I shared a brownie sundae.  It was good, but would have been better if it was warm.  K got a milk shake and J got popcorn.  I had some of her popcorn and it was really good. I will order that next time (if there ever is a next time).  I will be honest, that I did not stay awake then entire time.  I tried, but I don't really stay awake past midnight much anymore.  However, then entire night was fun and I'm glad we did it.

I think it was 1:30 before we got in bed for the night.  When I rolled over at 6:30, B was already up and taking a shower.  He was going to take his computer down to the lobby to do some papers (since it was Monday).  I tried to go back to sleep but I could hear K snoring so I just got up and joined him.  Breakfast was ready and the big Saints group that stayed at the hotel was all down there getting ready to leave and drive back to New Orleans.  J/K made their way down stairs to the lobby by about 9 or 9:30.  I think we finally left around 10:30 to head back to Wake Forest to pick up all our kids.  Of course we missed our kids and loved getting pictures of them sent to us, but we had a great time celebrating our anniversary.  I know there are parents that never go off without their kids, but our marriage and our kids are too important for us not to get away.

Ell stayed with Andrew & Sara (getting ready for baby Savannah)



Rin stayed with Bella and other princesses



Wes stayed with Jason & Barbaranne Price for the weekend


Abe stayed with his god-parents for the weekend and loved being with the boys


No comments:

Post a Comment