Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wes is potty trained!

Our son, Wes, is different than R & A.  I mean, all my children are different in their own ways, but W is very different than R & A were at 2.  Well basically then entire time he's been alive he's been louder, more independent, his own decision maker.  W will do what W wants to do when W wants to do it.  I feel very confident that later on in life, W won't give into the peer pressure of his surroundings.  I love his strong will and the little boy that God has made him.  Because of his strong will, he has been a cinch to potty train.  My plan was to train him during spring break in March.  But since we were on our second week of snow days, I felt like should try since I was certain I would lose my spring break.  It only took like 2 days.  Seriously.  Once he had a couple of accidents (and really, only 2 or maybe 3), he was good.  We started Thursday Feb 13th.  I put him in underwear for the morning and he did great.  He didn't have any accidents and he peed twice.  He wore a diaper for naps, but then I didn't put him back in underwear because they were going outside to play in the snow.  He didn't get underwear back on until Monday and the following Tuesday (2/18) he was good.  His last accident he's had was that Tuesday 2/18.  We don't even have to ask him.  He tells us.  Like I said, once W makes up his mind, he's good and we can't change it.  He don't want to wear a pull-up for naps or nighttime, but we just pull his undies on top. 

My motivate for potty training came a few weekends ago (2/8) when I hosted a Pull-Ups training pants party.  I applied at House Party.com and was accepted for this one.  It was fun (at least I thought so).  Guests were mostly church friends, but Jenelle came with Ava and I was so excited for that.  I think she had a good time.  We made valentines for our families, played, ate lunch and had dessert.  I took a group picture of all the kids holding up a pull-up and that's about it.  I was most proud of my little potty dessert treats for the kids.  I found it on Pinterest and they turned out cute. 

It's safe to say I have 1 more kid in diapers now.

No comments:

Post a Comment