Saturday, April 12, 2014

April Date Night

B and I went to Red Lobster last night and enjoyed our meal thanks to AC/my mom (for the gift card) and thanks to the O'Janpa's for babysitting.  It was April's date night in our small group rotation.  We were the first to drop off and we dropped them off a little earlier to try to beat the crowd.  Our last time to Red Lobster was unsuccessful because there was an hour wait.  We knew with it being a Friday during Lent, we would need to hustle.  K/V let us drop the kids off before 5:30 so we could make our way earlier. We only had to wait 5 minutes but we noticed there were a lot of older couples there.  Not sure why older couples like Red Lobster so much, but there were 4 other older couples walking in while we waited for 5 minutes.  When I say older, I mean grey hair, walking with a cane/walker and hunched over.

Our meal was yummy like always.  I got the same thing I always get when I eat at RL.  B likes variety so he switched it up and got some garlic shrimp.  We were both too full to eat our desserts so we got those to go.  Our conversation was mostly about the upcoming decision that B (we) have to make about his job.  He was offered the job in Houston and has to let the guy know by Monday.  It could possibly be life changing. 


After dinner, we picked up 3 of our 4 kids.  Bella asked if Rin could sleepover so R stayed there.  The kids had a great time and made cute Easter Egg crafts.  I think K/V's house seems like a second home to my family.  K picks A up 2 days/week for preschool and usually takes W on Fridays also.  K is so giving and has the biggest servants heart I think I've seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment