Monday, August 18, 2014

Civitan Kingdom 2014

I finally was able to serve the week at camp and since we are done having kids, I shouldn't have to miss another year.  This year B & I were staying in Dogwood.  I've never stayed at Dogwood before and that's the only place I haven't been.  I would be an area mom with Nicole and I was so pumped!

This is also the first year R & A would come stay with us at camp as well.  They have visited, but they are both old enough to stay and sleep at camp.  So we decided to have them come from Tuesday through Thursday.  We wanted them to just get a little taste of camp before spending the entire week out here.  They loved it and their counselors, Laney and Bailey were great.  

My responsibilities as area mom included cleaning the area daily, doing laundry, and traveling with the group to all the activities.  My favorite part was traveling and I loved going to the pool.  I consider the pool my 'home' at camp and not being there is very weird.  I also liked going to boating so I could see B.  B's job was boating as it has been for the past several years.  He and Rob have taken ownership of boating and turned it into something great.  All the areas love going to boating now.

I wish I had more pictures, but I didn't want to take my phone with me everywhere and my camera battery died.  Nicole took a lot of pictures so I'll try to get some from her.  Overall our area was great and I enjoyed being an area mom with them.  At the end of the week, Mrs. Terri shared with me that she wants to see B & I at Native Village to start building up NV.  DW is always the best area and everyone wants to be at DW.  She has visions of that at NV with us as area parents.  I think it could be fun being an area parent with B.  We are lifers is what she called us.  I agree:)


new: Miguel

Bailey, Miguel, and Laney
Jonathon Utz with Garret and Keith

Bently with Deac

Jackson and Brett

R and Korbin

DW at TNT

R & A at recreation



Jimmy D on the water slide

Miguel

Will
B and Will Fox Lear

Jimmy and Brodie

Cole

Rin with Bently in DW

Maggie holding Ell

camp 2014



B with Eden

R and Korbin


Joel

So when I posted this, I said I was going to ask Nicole for pictures.  Not a day later, did 5 cds come in the mail loaded with all her pictures.  I went through them (about 500) and picked out a few.  I tried to make sure I had 1 of each of our boys in our area.  We had 12 great guys:  Cole, Miguel, Joel, Jackson, Jimmy, Jonathon, Will, Jacob, Nathan, Brodie, Korbin and Bentley.

No comments:

Post a Comment