Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Big Move

I was dreading June 20th.  The thought brought me to tears and still does.  I'm sitting in my Houston house reliving all those feelings of having to leave our home in NC.  Those were not good feelings, but the people around us were good enough friends to keep me smiling.
 June 19th we had a girls night at our usual place.  There were 7 of us (I think) and we ate dinner then got ice cream.  I didn't want the night to end, but it did.  I knew in the back of my mind I still had some packing to do.  But all my friends said they would come see me off Friday morning.  I have the best friends.


We couldn't have moved without the help of Josh.  God sent him our way 9 years ago when I taught him in 2005 and B mentored him.  And he was on leave for 1 weeks only and it was the week before we moved.  Josh came over every day and helped us move, repair, pack and anything we needed.  He was a true blessing for us.  He stayed with us until 1:00 am Thursday night/Friday morning helping B pack.  He had to return to camp Legume Friday so we said our goodbyes at 1am and I cried again.

Friday morning we woke up at 6 and tried to get anything else we hadn't already packed.  B packed up the van with our traveling stuff and then he had to get the shed in the backyard.  Our visitors started at 8:30 with the Daniel family.  I wish I had gotten pictures with everyone who came but I did not.  At one point we had so many kids running in our house, it was really nice that it was empty. 

We loaded up the kids and then walked through our home one last time.  We stood in each room and prayed over the room for the new owners.  We both cried.  Especially in our bedroom and the kitchen.  So much love in our little sweet house.  So many good times and great memories.  We've squeezed lots of people into our house over the years.  Our four babies brought home to this house.  Our sweat went into getting this house fixed up.  Just sad.

We started our 3 day journey to our new city by stopping in ATL with Chris and Heather.  We won't be seeing them as much either because we won't be going through there.  At least we will have Easter!  Our next stop was Hattiesburg, MS at my mom's house.  It was Saturday and they wanted to take B out to dinner for 2 reasons: 1. his graduation and 2. Father's Day.  We went to Movie Star restaurant and ate with AC and her friend Jenny.  The food was yummy and even all the kids liked it as well.  After dinner we went home for bed.  Sunday we did not go to church.  I think we left around 9 or 10, and headed to Texas.  We did not have the keys yet for our rental so we stayed with Anna and Paul for the first week.  Their kids were at T Bar M camps so it was sort of nice, just having their house without tons of kids.  B had to work, so I let the kids swim, fed them, watched TV.  It felt like vacation a little.  We finally got all the paperwork turned in and got the keys.  Our truck came with all the stuff on Friday so we unloaded it (B and Paul really).  It took them 3 hours to unload it, but we worked all weekend and didn't even put a dent in the unpacking phase.  I still have boxes that need to be opened and unpacked.  This is going to take a while.  We had a few casualties during the move.  Broken plates, glasses, and the biggest was my dresser.  I got a new dresser from IKEA that took us over 5 hours to put together, but it's done now, and I actually really like it.  However, it doesn't match the other furniture in our bedroom.  All in all we are making progress, but each day when we sit down for dinner, I miss our hold house.  I pray for favor over our new house as we attempt to make it our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment