Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Father's Day 2014

  B's wish for his father's day this year was to have a sleepover at J/K's house.  We've had many a sleepover with the Gillams and some of our best memories are at 2 am watching TV on their sofa.  How could I say no?
 We packed up our sleeping stuff and headed over to his house for a typical fish fry/cookout and then sleepover.  Keith has pretty much perfected his fried fish and I absolutely love it.  He also fries wings and grills hot dogs for the kids.  Jen usually makes mac and cheese and I bring sides and dessert.  This was a normal Hantla-Gillam get together.  K's mom was in town so she joined in too.  
After dinner we all piled on the sofa to watch Hotel Transylvania.  It was a super cute movie. The kids liked it and I'm pretty sure all the adults did too.  Jen popped popcorn for the movie too.  All 5 big kids slept in Lexi/Bree's room this time since K's mom was there.  E slept in J/K's closet and we slept on the sofa.  I for some reason didn't get good sleep that night, but don't really know why.  Strange. 

Sunday morning we woke up and had a great breakfast made by Jen and Gigi.  The kids ate almost all the pancakes so J had to make more.  We headed to church where CRF had props for dad pictures too.  After church we headed home for lunch and naps.  Then instead of staying in for dinner, we met J/K at Crazy Fire Mongolian Grill for dinner.  Keith was flying out Monday morning for work to Philly and wouldn't be back until after left for TX.  Saying goodbye in the parking lot was sad and I cried knowing that I would not see Keith again.  I don't think B cried but I know he was sad.  They are such close friends.  I mean, what 30 year olds (and 6 kids) have sleepovers together?  When they left our small group, I was nervous that our friendship would stall like other couples, but it didn't one bit.  We consistently saw them 1-2 times per week for either food, church, or just hang-out times.  I will miss them so much!







No comments:

Post a Comment