Saturday, July 26, 2014

Dr. Hantla

I'm married to a Dr.  I knew before we got married that this was Bryce's goal and I'm so proud of him for achieving it!  He's spent a lot of time in classes, reading books, writing papers and attending conferences, but it's over (for now).  He received his E.d. D from SEBTS in Wake Forest, NC.  In 3 years he completed his classwork and defended his dissertation and graduated on May 16th.  The festivities started on Thursday with an alumni breakfast and then open house at Dr. Aiken's house for graduates.  B had a 2 hour graduation practice in between so I went to Sam's Club with Paul/Vicki to buy food for the cookout. Here's Thursday morning before the breakfast.

 Friday morning was the graduation ceremony and all attended except E.  Kristen kept E for us since she would have been loud and too much to handle.  I sat between the boys and R sat with P/V in the row in front of us.  B's group was 2nd to last to receive their hoods, and B was 11th to the end.  When B was announced and went across, I let the kids stand on the benches to wave at him.  He waved back and grinned.  They were excited as was I.

B has worked so hard and deserved this recognition.  We had somewhere between 50-60 guests come by Friday for the celebration.  It was come & go and started at 3:00 pm.  I loved having everyone over to visit.  I wish my parents could have come, but I know it was a long trip for just 1 day.  It's funny to me to think about 6 years ago when B graduated from NC State with his masters and I was pregnant with R.  We had the same type of cookout at our house and a lot of the same visitors.  It just shows how deep our roots are in NC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment