Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First day of School 2014

Sending R off to first grade isn't as nerve racking as Kindergarten, but being in a new school, new city, new state makes me a little more nervous than had she been going to WFES.  But in Hantla Clan fashion, we all walked R to school for her first day together.  She's happy to be going to school and meeting her teacher and making new friends.  I packed her lunch like usual and she ate toast for breakfast.  We didn't have any milk for cereal since we had just gotten home from Mississippi and I did not have enough energy to make it to the grocery store.  Toast was the breakfast choice for everyone that morning.  She looked so cute in her uniform and I french braided her hair.  A is a little sad that he's not going to school, but I know this time next year will be here in a flash.




The dynamic has changed a bit since R's not here during the day.  A is the oldest and takes on more responsibility.  He and W play A LOT more together and actually get a long great.  E doesn't have a play mate, but she holds her own when the boys decide to play sword fight or wrestle in their room.  She's not scared to get in the mix and I believe that's going to be her personality.  R said she had a good day at school when I met her at 3:20.  I took all the kids with me after school.  We waited at the corner and when she was released, she walked to meet us.  She was excited to see us and I think we all felt a little better after seeing her.  The boys missed her, especially A.  E was so happy to have her big sissy back too.

R didn't have a whole bunch to say about her first day of school except for that she has 10 boys in her class and 5 girls.  Her teacher's name is Ms. Rodriguez and speaks both English and Spanish in the class.  R said she was nice and funny.  As long as she's not complaining, I guess we are good with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment