Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The boy is mine

So there are many benefits of being a stay at home mom.  I've never doubted that or taken anything away from that.  I just love to teach and I never felt like my calling was to stay at home.  This phase of our life is different and I know it's the best thing for our family.  Things have been good and I'm keeping busy, but today proved one of those days when having 1 parent stay at home, comes in handy.

Our morning was normal like all other mornings and I was eating breakfast with E and the boys.  A complained of his stomach hurting but he told me it was because he was really hungry.  He ate slowly, but he finished his cereal and his peaches.  The boys made their beds and got dressed, like normal, then watched a show and played before we headed out to story time.  On Tuesdays we go to story time at the Alief Library and today was no different.  I needed to run by the bank first so we left the house just a few minutes earlier.  While in the line at the drive through teller, A started fussing and said his stomach really hurt.  He didn't look good at all so I rolled his window down and told him to throw up out the window if he needed to.  He put his head out then came back inside and said he did not need to.  Then I looked at my side mirror, and he's puking out the window.  Luckily no one was behind me and I couldn't get out because my door was up next to the box that you put your tube in and send it over to the teller. I felt so bad for the boy, so I put Cherry in park and climbed back there with him.  One of my workout towels was still in the van so I got that for A to wipe his face.  Poor kid...threw up his cinnamon toast crunch and those peaches. **Pictures posted so don't look if it's going to make you sick**He looked better, but still not great.  So at that point, I decided against story time and felt like we needed a car wash and some Sprite.  I made my way to the Shell gas station where I knew they had a car wash and while at a red light, A let me know it was coming again.  This time there wasn't anything left, so he just dry heaved most of time with a little spit.  Poor guy!  We got the car wash, I crabbed a 20 oz of Sprite, and we headed home.  At least I was able to care for him and not someone else.  I'm sure there are others that could care for him as good as I did, or possibly better (more sanitary than an old workout towel), but no one with more love.  He is my boy, my baby.  Cleaning his puke, washing the van, changing his clothes, is all fine with me because he's mine. 
peaches...gross


Right after done puking the first time
I'm very grateful that the Lord has given me this opportunity to experience staying home with my children.  I've only had 1 bad day and the rest have been very good.  This day isn't even that 1 bad one:)  Usually seeing someone puke, makes me vomit as well, but God gave me the strength I needed today to watch, hear, smell, and clean vomit without losing my cookies too.  Even W was a helper when A threw up again at home.  We've definitely got a stomach bug in our house, so I wonder who will get bit next??? 

For moms that have to work full time, bless you when you get called at work and have to leave because your little one puked at daycare or school.  For moms that work part-time, bless you when you have to miss work because your child is sick and your only time home is not so fun times.  For moms that stay at home full time, bless you when your child vomits in the bank drive through and at the red light with 2 other littles in the car in Houston, TX...oh yeah, that's me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment