Monday, September 15, 2014

Our new Pediatrician

Relocating is tough.  Finding a new place to live, school, and church is just the beginning.  I didn't even think about finding new doctors!  We loved our pediatrician in Wakefield while we were in NC.  It was a small practice, but after having 4 kids, he knew us very well.  I asked B to get some recommendations from the people he worked with and someone suggested Dr. Dickerson to us.  This man has children and said his kids love her because she's like Doc McStuffins.  We love Doc McStuffins too so I thought this must be our doctor.  I called back in August because R turned 6.  I knew she didn't need shots for school, but needed her yearly wellness check up.  When I called, the receptionist told me Dr. Dickerson wasn't accepting new patients but her partner, Dr. Turner was.  We needed a doctor so I said sure.  Their first opening wasn't until October for R so I said, well, sign me up for R and A since he'll be turning 5.  I also told her I had an infant and wasn't sure if she needed a check up at 15 months or just 18 months.  I was able to schedule E an appointment for September 4th for her 15 month check up.  R & A will go in October, and poor W will go when he turns 4 I guess (hopefully not sooner).

I looked this place up on their website and read a little about them.  It seemed like a nice enough place and it's in Sugar Land, where we think we want to live.  I read a few reviews and they were mostly positive.  E's appointment was for 8:30 in the morning which is the way I like to plan doctor appointments.  We ate breakfast and headed out of the house a little after 8:00.  I used the Tom Tom to help us find the place.  We were the only ones there so we only had to wait 3 minutes before we were called back.  The nurse was very nice and she took E's weight, height, and head circumference.  Dr. Turner came in and asked me some back ground questions for her records, but she was also super nice and friendly.  E was shy and didn't like all the poking, but she was a trooper and did fine.  She weighed 21 lbs 7 oz and was 30.5 inches long.  When her stats were plotted on the graph, E was 25th percentile for weight, 45th percentile for height, and 75th percentile for head circumference.  I was so thrilled that she was back on the chart!  E received 2 shots and cried a bit.  But overall, Dr. Turner said she was healthy and beautiful.  Praise Jesus for healthy kids!





No comments:

Post a Comment