Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Teacher of the Year

Every year at each school in Wake County, a teacher is voted ToY for that school.  2 years ago, I was chosen for WFRMS.  It was a great year and I felt very honored.  I made it to the top 24 in the county and was observed and interviewed.  The portfolio was the hardest part for me with all that writing.  B helped me so much and I couldn't have done it without him! 

Well this year, Jenni was selected as ToY for Sanderson HS.  I was so happy for her and it's such a great thing!  Jen is the ESL teacher for SHS but she's also the sponsor for Key Club.  She does so many important things for SHS and obviously very valuable to her staff.  She's very deserving of this honor.  She too made it to the top 24 like I did. 

Sanderson celebrates their ToY more than my school.  Last week they had a ToY luncheon and Jen invited me to be one of her guests.  I was honored that she thought of me for this because it was only Keith, her girls, and her parents.  I loved sitting next to her during lunch and sharing in this moment with her.  Sanderson catered lunch from Miltons and then we headed to the auditorium for her video and skit.  The video was awesome because both teachers and students shared about Jenni and now she has that memory forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment