Monday, March 31, 2014

March 15th

Normally March 15th isn't a big deal but this particular March 15th was a big day.

The first reason this day was special was because of my hubby.  He's been working so hard every Saturday (and even some all nighters)  to finish writing his dissertation.  He finally finished and could enjoy a Saturday with his family (Praise God!).  He defends March 28th and assuming that goes well, he'll graduate May 16th.  B made waffles for us and we enjoyed a family breakfast that we haven't had in over 2 months.
B's plan was to spend most of the beautiful day in the yard with the kids while I was attending a baby shower for baby Savannah.  S/A Daniel from small group are having a baby girl in April.  S's sister and cousin threw her a baby shower.  At first I think S was a little reluctant because this is her third baby, but first girl and she needed girl stuff.  The small group girls went in (N's idea) to get S a monogram for over Savannah's crib.  I let R pick out something small for baby S and planned to bring R with me to the shower.  B felt he needed R to help in the yard because she would actually get the job done and understand what to do.  She would help train the boys in the art of stick collecting.  So I went to the shower alone but had a good time.  It was at S's mom's house and she has a beautiful home.  S received very cute and sweet baby girl clothes and other items that she will need. 

I think I had about an hour between the shower and the gender reveal party so I ran home to see the family.  They were eating lunch and looked pretty tired.  There were 3 big stick piles in the front on the curb.  I could tell which one was W's but R & A's looked pretty similar.  B said they were a huge help.  I visited for a short while before leaving to pick up Kristen.  We headed to N/J's house for the gender reveal party.  J/N are pregnant with their 4th and probably their last.  N said she feels at peace with this being her last, a feeling she never had with Ro.  I completely understand because we had those same peaceful feelings.  N's sister, Brooke & sister in law, Lucy threw them a gender reveal party.  The decorations were super cute even down to the cookies (tutus and ties).  Her family was there along with close friends.  It's always good to see Nicole's parents.  We've been friends with them along time and have spent many Halloweens with them (among other occasions).  We all mingled for a bit and then went outside for the big reveal.  Colored balloons were in a box and J/N with the help of their boys, opened the box.  I love this picture!
Another boy and they are over joyed.  That house is going to be so much fun with 4 boys and relatively drama free.  I think about what life is like in 5 to 10 years and the O'Janpa house will be VERY different than the rest of our house (and the Gillams too).  Too much estrogen will drive you crazy.  J/N have 3 great boys and this 4th has awesome brothers as role models.  We are very excited for them as well.

After getting home from the gender reveal, I was tired so I crawled into bed with R who was the only one still napping.  I ended up falling asleep with her and it was very sweet.  We both woke up around 5:45 when Linda arrived.  L missed E and wanted some cuddle time with baby E.  We love it when L comes over because she's become a great friend of mine.  Her grown kids are very busy and since she's single, I think she enjoys being around our family.  My children love her too. 

The evening ended with a family viewing of Avengers before baths and bed.  I haven't had such a fun-filled Saturday in a long time.  I love being with my friends and celebrating 2 new babies with my small group is awesome.  We love our small group because we 'do life' together.  God created us in HIS image and as relational beings.  Genesis 2:18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone;



No comments:

Post a Comment