Saturday, March 22, 2014

March Date Night

Our turn to host and we had the honor of getting everyone's kids!  B and I talked later that it was very fun and actually easy.  The kids were very well behaved and we of course attribute that to the great parents everyone has:)

Drop off was at 5:30 and I think all arrived within 15 minutes of 5:30.  Even Owen, our neighbor came over for a bit.  What's 1 more when we already had 14 right?  Owen, and his mom, Lindsey, moved in to the house next to us in July.  We try to talk when we see them outside, but we need to do a better job of reaching out.  O is always waiting for us to get home so the kids can play with him.  I think he gets lonely.  B watched the kids outside while I went inside to cook and prepare dinner.  AK came with me and E and Ryan sat in the double stroller.  Emilie fell once and Row got hit by someone in the swing, but I think those were the only accidents we had.  I 'cooked' pizza rolls, sliced up some apples, string cheese, and Ritz crackers.  Since the weather was so nice, we ate outside (less clean up) and when the kids were done, they kept right on playing.  We didn't make them come inside until after 7:00 when the sun started to go down.
Emilie brought Frozen so we turned that on and all the kids were hooked.  Parents started coming around 8:00 and I think all the kids were gone by 8:45.  It was a great night.  Even as young as 2, the kids loved playing together, just another illustration of how our God is a caring, relational God.
15 kids for date night

No comments:

Post a Comment